Mikayuu

Mika's POV

I'm standing here silently dreaming of the place we all once called home. By we, I mean my family and I, the family who I miss dearly. They were my family who are now gone, who I selfishly watched being massacred in front of me, the guilt still haunts me today. The past is a place I never want to return to and yet my mind tortures me every time I close my eyes, with a replayed version of how, right before me, they were all slaughtered... Well, all of my family except one:

Yuichiro.

I should have died that day but I'm now working with the creatures who killed my family in the first place. Not only am I working with them, I am one of them. Every day I wonder whether it was right for me to have lived-  if Yuu had taken me with him I would have died, but at least he would know how I felt and I would have been able to thank him. I want to see him, however, now the only thing I can do is wait for him to arrive or for someone to find him. For these many years I have been alone with my thoughts, reflecting over the monster I have become. I may have become a monster but one of my feelings still remains- I still love Yuu.

I want to be free but I'm stood here in the middle of a war between humans and vampires. A war which I wish I could escape from with Yuichiro. I'm still waiting- and will always wait for him. Eight years ago, I dreamt of becoming strong and fighting against the vampires with him by my side but a lot has changed since then, including myself. So if I've changed, why do I keep dwelling on the past?

I'm so lost in my thoughts that when Ferid calls my name it causes me to jump. He begins to walk towards me but I keep my back to him "Have you heard?" I slowly turn to face him as he continues to speak. "It seems they have finally found him- the one you have been looking for all these years. Your precious angel." My heart skips a beat- I have only one precious angel.  Ferid takes a step closer to me. "I speak of... Yuichiro Hyakuya." And that's when I feel it rising within me- hope for the future.

A/N- Why hello there! *has no clue how to write an author's note* So yeah, here's my first ever fanfiction! I hope you like it, it's pretty short but hopefully sweet!(?) Okey dokey bye :3