Chapter 42

After we're rested for the day, Daniel asks, "So you have seven badges, so where you are going next?"

"The only gym left is the Snowbelle City Gym." I say. "That means, Wulfric is the last one."

"That's great to know." Daniel says.

Calem says, "I'm sure getting the Psychic Badge wasn't too hard for you to get, right Ash? Ready for a rematch? I think it would be fun to compete with my neighbor to be the best in Kalos. But I can't claim to be competing with you until I beat you at least once!"

"You bet." I say. But just before we can start our rematch, we get a Holo Caster Call from Lysandre, but what he says shocks us, "Pokémon Trainers. I come to you by the Holo Caster to make an important announcement. Listen well. Team Flare will revive the ultimate weapon, eliminate everyone who isn't in our group, and return the world to a beautiful, natural state. Unproductive fools are consuming our future... If nothing changes, the world will become ugly and conflicts will raze the land from end to end. I repeat. We will use the ultimate weapon and wipe the slate clean. I'm sorry, those of you who are not members of Team Flare, but this is adieu to you all."

We gasp after what we're hearing, and Serena says, "What... was Lysandre saying? Wiping the slate clean? Eliminating everyone by Team Flare?!"

We notice that the world is also panicking after what Lysandre has said, I say, "I knew it... I have suspicions that Lysandre is the boss of Team Flare...turns out that it's right."

"But where could he be?" Bonnie asks, "We have to stop him!"

"He could be in Lumiose City... the Lysandre Cafe..." Clemont thinks as we decide to go there using Fly.

Once we get to Lysandre's Cafe, the grunts are battling us inside, and we have to fight our way through. After we defeat them, we learn that there is a hidden door that leads to Lysandre's Lab. We find it behind the cabinet and use the keyword that we got from the grunt, "Open Sesame!"

After we enter, we find Lysandre just standing in front of us. "Welcome."

"Lysandre..." I mutter. "To think you're the boss of Team Flare..."

"This world will eventually reach the point of no return... Saving the lives of all is impossible. Only the chosen ones will obtain a ticket for tomorrow. Do you want to have a ticket? Or, do you want to stop me? Show me in battle."

He is using four Pokemon, a Mienfoo, a Murkrow, a Pyroar, and a shiny Gyarados. I was surprised that he has a Shiny Gyarados, but we all use our Pokemon to defeat him, though it is not easy because their Pokemon's power is also strong.

"Excellent! I can feel the fire of your convictions burning deep within your heart!" Lysandre says after recalling his four Pokemon. "Wah ha ha! Your convictions, and those of your Pokémon, please me! You are here to stop me. But I ask you to wait."

"There has to be a better way to help people and Pokémon without resorting to such extreme measures!" David says, "Why can't you just use your technology to help people instead of trying to take over the world?"

"I tried to save people-and the world-with the profit from this lab. But my efforts had no effect... The world was just too vast...and too full of fools that I couldn't save through my hard work alone... That's why I decided the only way to save the world was to take it all for myself."

"Even if the world is vast and full of challenges, that doesn't give you the right to take it for yourself! We'll find another way to make a difference!" I say back.

"I don't expect that I will ever make you understand how I think and feel... Try to stop the ultimate weapon if you must, but to do so, you will have to explore our lab and have Pokémon battles with all you meet."