47. Saved The Day.

***Karan's POV.***

"Are you sure about this, Kabir?" I ask.

"Yes. We need to take this risk to find the evidence. We don't have any other way to get it." Kabir says.

"Okay. Make the call." I say then look at Lalit and give him a warning, "And you better not ruin this for us or you will rot in jail."

"I will do anything to get out of this mess, Sir." He says, but I don't trust him.

"It's ringing..." Kabir says and Lalit looks at the paper again.

"Hello..."

"Hello, Sahni..." Lalit says.

"You again... What is it you want now? 5 crores... 10... or more... Ask for it so I can just laugh on your face and say no." Sahni says.

"I didn't call you to ask you about the money. Because I don't need to. Instead, I have found a new way to make money. Wanna know?" Lalit asks.

"Stop wasting my time." Sahni says and just as we expect him to hang up Lalit speaks up.

"So you are okay if I trade your secret to your boss in exchange for the money he is ready to pay me? A secret which only you knew about... until now." He says.

"What do you mean? What secret?" Sahni's voice starts to tremble.

"That you hold crucial evidence against the main boss which could take him down." Lalit says with a laugh.

"No... No... You can't know about this. I have hidden it myself and no one knows about it other than me." Sahni says in panic.

"Oh, but I do. I do know where it is and I am on my way to retrieve it. Soon I will be a millionaire but who could say the same about you? Bye..." Lalit says and we could hear Sahni asking to wait in panic but he hangs up at our signal.

"Now our game starts. Sahni would panic and run to find the evidence. And we have to just follow him one step behind." Kabir says and I look out of the car towards the hotel and wait for him to come out.

After a few minutes, Sahni rushes out of the hotel room and an unknown car pulls up in front of him. As soon as they start the car, Kabir starts following them. We drive for another 15 minutes before coming to a stop in front of Malhotra company.

The car leaves immediately after dropping Sahni off outside the company. I ask Kabir to keep an eye out from a distance as he follows me while I follow Sahni to the back of the company to the old warehouse which I was planning to reconstruct as a place to hold events for the company.

He pushes a metal sheet away from one section in the back of the warehouse and reveals a hole. As he disappears inside it, I follow through it and find him gone. Just to be careful, I pick a metal tool from nearby and start looking around the mess for him as silently as possible.

As I start to turn a corner, I hear noise in the distance and follow it. I find Sahni going through the rubble.

"Where is it? Where is it?" He keeps chanting as he keeps pushing the rubble away, "It should still be here. No one knows where I hid it. No one can know. I am smarter than them and if I am right..." He stops and I peek at him again only to see him smiling victoriously as he exclaims happily, "Found it!"

He takes his hand out of the rubble and looks at the tattered box which could be passed on as junk. Sahni opens it and takes out another small box from it; from inside, he takes out a pen drive.

"It is safe." He says, but looks around so I hide away.

I try to follow him again when I feel a sharp jab at my head and my weapon drops from my hand. I groan out in pain and hear footsteps coming towards me.