Bookstore

Aurora stood quietly next to her brother as they went book shopping, their father made Roe hang out with Harvey and his goons, so Aurora stood with Roe so he wouldn't have to deal with them alone

Roe silently rubbed at his black eye trying to look for the books he needed.

"Stop." She mumbled grabbing his hand from rubbing his eye. "You'll make it worse."

"It itches and it hurts."

"We'll put ice on it later. If you keep rubbing it, it'll make it worse."

He only huffed.

She smiled at him when she noticed Harvey looking at the Thorns.

He sighed also noticing this.

"Why can't he just leave them alone."

"Who knows," he mumbled.

They followed Harvey with their heads down.

Faith stood near her brother nudging him as she saw Harvey. Max sighed "Oh crap," He mumbled.

Faith looked at him, "do you think we have time to leave?" She whispered.

"Let's go." She moved to walk away but Harvey grabbed her arm making her yelp.

"Where are you going? You just got here."

"Get off" She glared trying to pull her arm back.

Rory nervously watched as Roe only sighed.

"You just got here, come enjoy the party," Harvey remarked.

"Get the fuck off." She roughly stepped on his foot. "Max" She called for her older brother.

He moved forward until Michael shoved him roughly to the floor, making him trip over a stack of books on the floor.

She finally got Harvey off of her and turned around punching Micheal roughly in the nose.

Harvey moved towards Faith again but Rory grabbed his arm."Can we just leave them alone?" She knew if she distracted him the Thorns could leave.

"Yeah, let's not-"

Roe began walking forward until Harvey backhanded him. "Shut the fuck up. Stay out of it."

She quickly shoved him roughly but he shoved her back, knocking her to the floor. "Stupid bitch."

Roe wiped the blood off his lip, helping Rory up.

She winced a bit but smiled seeing the Thorns were gone.

****

Faith and Max split up so Faith could get her wand and grab some clothes for school. She had been waiting outside Ollivander's Wand Shop as someone was already in there and she wanted them to have their privacy.

After about 10 minutes a girl with long strawberry blonde hair and gem-like green eyes walked out of the store with her new wand in her hand. Faith had never seen her before, which meant the girl was a muggle-born, not that she cared as her best friend was a muggle-born.

The two girls made eye contact, sending each other a sweet and welcoming smile. The strawberry blonde stopped in front of Faith. "Hi... I'm a bit lost.... do you know where the bookstore is?"

Faith nodded slightly "Um, yeah. It's about a 10-minute walk straight down, until you see a rather large 'Flourish and Blotts' sign." she pointed.

"Thank you, so much. I feel as if I'm just walking around aimlessly." The strawberry blonde sighed in relief.

The thorn girl giggled softly. "That's quite alright, I have no problem helping lost girls."

The girl smiled softly looking at Faith. "Has anyone ever told you that you look the way Belle from Beauty and The Beast is described?" She tilted her head sweetly.

Faith blushed looking at the girl with a rather large grin at the mention of her favorite character from her favorite book. "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Shirley Temple?"

Both girls laughed.

"I'm Davina, but you can call me...... I don't know I don't have a nickname." Davina mumbled turning a bit pink looking at her hands.

She grinned at her reaction. "I'm Juliette, but no one calls me that unless I'm in trouble. So you can call me Faith."

Davina tilted her head a bit confused. "How do you get the nickname 'Faith' from Juliette? I get Jules or Julie. But how Faith?"

"Faith is my middle name and I simply just prefer going by it."

Davina nodded softly, "Alright, well it was nice meeting you, Faith." she began to walk away.

"You too, Davina!" With that she walked into Ollivander's, looking around in awe, the thought of finally having something to help her control her magic made her giddy causing a wand or two...... or six to fall off the shelf making her jump slightly turning to pick them up quickly a bit fluster.

"You're a powerful little witch, aren't you." The new voice made her yelp quickly jump up and turn to face Ollivander. "Also quite jumpy."

"I-I'm so sorry. I can pick it-" She began to ramble completely embarrassed.

"No need to be sorry, dear." He spoke as she put the wands back where they had been before walking over to him.

"I'm Juliette Thorn." She spoke to the weird man, he didn't give her creepy vibes, he was just a bit weird.

The man began to tell her about the wands making her more interested with each word. "Every Ollivander wand has a core of a powerful magical substance, Ms. Thorn. We use unicorn hairs, phoenix tail feathers, and the heartstrings of dragons. No two Ollivander wands are the same, just as no two unicorns, dragons, or phoenixes are quite the same. And of course, you will never get such good results with another wizard's wand." She nodded along as he handed her a wand.

"Elm wood with a unicorn core 9 ¾ and solid flexibility" He gently handed her the wand......Let's just say, he quickly regretted handing her that wand as it wasn't strong enough to help her control her magic. It took about 3 more tries before he finally handed her a wand wearily. "Chestnut wood, unicorn hair core 10 3/4, and solid flexibility."

As soon as she touched the wand the wind began to blow and a light appeared. Finally, a wand had chosen her making her grin, biting her bottom lip.

Ollivander tilted his head "Interesting....."

Her head snapped to him in an instant. "What's so interesting about it?" She got nervous at the thought of it being something bad.

"I remember every wand I've ever sold......" He paused tilting his head curiously "The last time I sold a wand like that was a year ago....... To Roscoe Spellman."

Faith's eyes instantly widened at the name. "Roscoe Spellman and I have the same wand?"

"Well not the exact same, as I said. No two wands are exactly the same... But your wands complement each other..... I made both of your wands on the same day... They are two powerful wands, they would do amazing things together."

She flushed looking down as she grabbed the money for her wand handing it to him before quickly rushing out completely flushed and she only had one thing on her mind. Roscoe Spellman.