The forgotten

Hell. Hell Is a word humans describe something thats horrendous and horrific. Hell..is where I am. Hell is the worst place I've ever been. Hell is me. Who am I? I am Zen. Zen connors. I am 14 and I grew up with my mom and dad in East London. We lived in a eerie neighbourhood, nobody could be trusted around there. I was treated like the golden boy, the boy everyone loved and wanted to cherish with their love and soul. Now look at me, a little blue boy in a mental asylum. What the fuck happend.

This asylum is nothing like what you've seen on TV, no, it's a hole where people dump their rubbish. They don't let you leave, they don't let you do what you want. It's like a prison but for broken people. People like me. It's Hell.

I arised from my half broken bed: someone should seriously check that out. I sigh, getting up and looking at the mirror, my blue, shiny mullet, making sure it looks perfect. Personally, it looks pretty decent. Others would disagree. I walk over to the window. A window that faces the frount part of the asylum. I look out, noticing all there is to see. There's one thing in particular that rises my attention. A tree. I dont know why, but that tree allures me somehow. It always appeals my eyes when I look out this window. It's parculiar. I also notice the sunrise: it's beautiful. I stare at it for a while before my ears pick up the sound of my roommate snoring like a donkey on crack. I sigh loudly, he's so loud. It's exhausting being with someone like him. His name is kai, he's a strange individual but he..attracts me, somehow. I don't mind his presence as much as I usually would..its strange.

I notice it's too early to be doing anything and end up flopping back on my creaking bed. I sit up, looking up at the cracked walls, a few rats running around the room. I like rats, they're cute. I sigh and relax for a while, lost in my void of thoughts, closing my eyes lightly, not sleeping.

Eventually, I'm snapped out of it by the sound of the room door opening. I dont bother waiting for kai, I get up and leave without him. I make it straight to the canteen, grabbing the cereal thats set out for everyone.
I look down at the food in disgust. It looks like someone's barfed in a bowl and called it a day. It was..disturbing, to say the least. But I had no other choice, I had to eat it. I took a scoop and placed it in my mouth before immediately grabbing my mouth, keeping it closed. It was disgusting! It even tastes like puke!! I wasn't finished tho..I had to carry on, even if I felt like I was going to get food poisoning by the end of today. I took another scoop, then another till my throat was completely tightened, trying my hardest not to throw up every last bit of it. I put my head on the table, trying to hold it together. After a whole 15 minutes, I glamced up again, noticing others doing the same. I couldn't blame them, who would? I got up from my seat and put the bowl on the side before leaving and going to a little area outside. It was a small area where you could get some fresh air. I hoped the air would calm me and hopefully calm my body to.

I leant against a wall and looked up into the sky. The clouds were dark grey: it was going to rain soon. I sigh and look around at the trees and flowers. Nothing interesting until I notice a person in the corner of my eye. I turn to look at them and..they were gone. It was probably just my mind playing tricks on me again. I shook my head before noticing a boy with his head in his hands, sat against the wall. I sigh, but I don't go up to him. I know how he must feel, being in a place like this...it gets to you. I look away before deciding to go back inside. I grab a drink from the toilets.

In the mirror of the boys toilets..I saw something..a black figure. I turn and try to see who it is..but it was gone. I try to shake it off again..I considered it to be normal since I saw them all the time.

That was till..I entered the East Hall. My eyes widened and I trembled, shaking with fear.

I didn't know what to do..I stood still. There was a girl..
..hanging from the chandelier...

She had no face, her neck crooked, she looked distorted. She was just hanging there. I didn't know what to do. I heard a knock on the wall behind me, making me turn to the wall before looking back at her..she was..gone..

How? How can someone just disappear like that? It didn't make sense.. they've always been weird..but never this bad. My mind was racing, it felt like my knees were going to give into me. I quickly ran, I just ran. I ran to the library, grabbing a book and sitting down with a sigh. I couldn't believe it..It was too much for my mind to process. I put my head in my hands before trying to get rid of the memory. I wish it was that easy.

All day, every minute..all I could think about was that image..that disturbing image..who was she?..why..

..her..

[Authors note]
Haiii, thank you for reading this chapter! This is my first time making this kind of book so please excuse me if I make any mistakes or if it doesn't go into enough detail. I wanted to make it kind of thriller themed and tm, it's going to get alot more like that over the next chapters. I dont know how regularly I'll be updating but I won't forget about this book (I promise). Thank you and I hope you enjoyed so far!! ♡