2 || How You Get The Girl

Alice's POV:

It's Friday night, and I'm currently laying down on my bed in my room. I was listening to the rain as it gently tapped on my window, though it's not very gentle at all anymore. I can hear thunder booming outside, and every once in a while there's a flash of lightening. My roomate and best friend Rebecca left for the weekend with her boyfriend, so I'm all alone in the house. I decided to use this time to work on a paper that's due next week. Usually on Fridays me and Harry would be going out to do something and having fun together, but ever since the break up 6 months ago we don't do anything together.

Every Friday night I just sit in my room and work on some school work. Some of my friends have tried calling me up to do things, but I just don't feel like it anymore. Life's not the same without him, but I refuse to go back to him and beg him to get back with me. He broke up with me. This is what he wanted, and I am not going to beg him to change his mind. Not that he would anyway, if he wanted to be with me he wouldn't have left in the first place.

I jump when I hear something hit my window. "What the hell was that?" I wonder aloud. I slowly make my way over to the window and wait. That couldn't have been rain, and it's not hailing outside. A few seconds later something else hits my window. I frown. Someone is throwing crap at my window! What the hell is wrong with people? I open the window prepared to yell at some kids, but I'm at a lost for words when I see who's standing outside my house. It's Harry.

He's currently standing outside my window. He has on a jacket that's buttoned all the way up most likely because of the rain and cold; he also has on black skinny jeans and boots. He's standing there shaking from the cold, and he's completely drenched. He looks up at me, and his hood falls off causing his hair to be exposed to the rain. It only takes seconds for it to become soaked as well.

"What are you doing here?" I yell out.

"I came to talk to you! Can you open the door?" He yells back.

I want to say no, but I can't just leave him out there. I sigh and nod my head. He smiles up at me; then makes a run to where the front door is. I can't help but laugh. He's crazy. I go downstairs and make my way to the front door. When I open it, he's still shivering, but the rain isn't beating down on him anymore.

"Are you insane?" I ask.

"For you, maybe." He says with a grin. I smile sadly. This reminds me of when we first started dating when things use to be so simple. "Can I come in?" I nod and step aside allowing him to come inside. He takes his shoes off and leaves them by the door, then removes his jacket and puts it on the coat rack before stepping onto the carpet.

"Why are you here, Harry?" I ask.

He takes a step closer to me, and I take one back. He frowns sadly but answers me anyway. "I miss you. These six months have been the longest of my life. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. I should've just told you how I felt, but I was afraid to." He tells me.

"It's a little too late for all of this Harry." I say. "It's been six months. I think you made it clear how you feel about me and about us." I look away from him I don't want him to see the tears in my eyes. I don't want him to see how weak he makes me. I promised myself months ago I wouldn't cry over him anymore, so much for that. "I think you should go." I sniffle.

He steps closer to me, and I step back again. "Alice, please. I miss you so much." He tells me reaching out for me. "I remember that night when you came over to my house, and we laid down a blanket on the grass in the backyard so we could look at the stars. There was a shooting star. You sat up gasping at the sight, and you asked me did I make a wish. Do you remember what I said?" He asks me taking a step closer to me once more. This time I didn't take one back.

"You looked at me and said, 'Why would I need to wish on a star, when I've got everything I need right here in front of me."" I answered smiling.

"That was the moment I realized how much I loved you. I love you so much, Alice." He tells me. I was shocked to hear the words come out of his mouth. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he'd ever say them to me. He reaches out and grabs my hand, but I pull away from him.

"You broke my heart. I told you I loved you that night, and you barely talked to me the rest of the night. Then when I left, you ignored all my phone calls, text messages, and you avoided me on campus." I tell him.

"I don't know what I was thinking. I love you so much. I was just afraid. I've never felt anything like this before." He explains. "I know I broke your heart, but I promise I'll put it back together, and I'll never do anything like this again." He grabs both my hands and pulls me closer to him, and I let him. "Give me another chance, please baby?" He asks me.

As I stare into his green eye, I can do nothing but nod. I've missed him so much, and I'm really glad he's back. He grins and kisses my lips. "I've missed you so much." He says. He leans down to kiss my neck, but I stop him.

"If we do this again, this time we're taking it slow." I say.

He nods eagerly. "I'd wait for you forever, baby." He tells me. He rests his head against mine and closes his eyes. "Thank you for giving me another chance. I love you."

"I love you too." I say. I kiss his lips again. I miss the feel of his soft lips on mine. I miss everything about him, his curly hair, his green eyes, his dimples, his laugh, the way he smiles, even his stupid jokes. I'm glad to have him back, though I won't admit it, at least not yet anyway.

We spend the rest of the night watching movies together until we falls asleep. When I wake up the he next morning Harry's already cooking breakfast in my kitchen. Next to the TV there's a picture in a frame. It's from that night when I went over to his house, and we watched the starts. The night we were talking about earlier.

I walk over to the picture and pick it up to see it better. It's of me and Harry. He's kissing me on the cheek, and I'm smiling into the camera. "Where did this picture come from?" I ask.

Harry comes from the kitchen to see what I'm talking about. "Oh, I brought it with me." He tells me after walking back to the kitchen to finish cooking.

"Why?"

"I stared at it a long time before I came over here. It's what gave me the guts to come and see you." He finsihes cooking the food and puts it on two plates then sets them on the dinning room table for me and him. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me. "I thought if I couldn't convince you alone, that maybe bringing that picture would help. Ya know, to remind you how it use to be, before I messed everything up. And how it can be that way again." He rests his chin on my shoulder, and we both stare down at the picture together.

I turn my head to look at him, and he turns to look at me as well making me stare right into his green eyes and him right into my blue ones. "I love you." I say.

"I love you too." He says giving my lips a soft kiss. He lingers there for a while, and when he finally pulls away he smiles at me with that dimpled smile of his. I'm so glad he's back.

I hope you liked the very first one! Comment and vote!
The song is How You Get The Girl by Taylor Swift.