𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝚆𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

𝚆𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

    It had been five days and four nights since your arrival at the Kayva but then again time was merely a construct there. In actuality it was merely two hundred and sixteen minutes, three point six hours of their arrival.

    Time messed with her mind as she adjusted to it all. Adjust as her own body moved along with the days.

     As the night grew with each passing minute acting as mere seconds. Lying there staring at the stars above waiting, anticipating just when that beast named tirainege makes an appearance.

    Hearing scuffles and shuffles from besides her. The crackling finally dying. "I can feel your worry," Morana states, sighing out. "Want to tell me why?"

     Y/n continued to stare up at the stars that brought so much comfort noticing two large stars and a small one located in the middle. Vurana, Felix, and Mavros. They were up there looking down at her. At them.

    Catching the words a moment later, Y/n replies with, "What if I die?"

     "Then it'd be a damn shame that someone as powerful as you was defeated by the likes of that beast." Morana laid on her side staring at her niece.

     Rolling her eyes for the fifth time that day...night...moment. Y/n scoffs, "Has anyone told you, you are a paragon of assurance." Sarcasm.

     She was being sarcastic, Moran smiles at the sound of it. "No, not really. Then again I've only been around sunshine my entire life who always were optimistic."

     "What were her titles?" What were Mavros' titles? She wanted to know, to figure out what kind of fighter her mother was before she had died an honorable warrior's death.

    Morana clears her throat, clears that upcoming, bubbling scream of pain that always knocked at the back of her throat, stringing her vocal cords. "Frostbite." She shoved all that pain down barely allowing it to surface. "Got it when we were kidnapped by Tailiah. Had accidentally used it on your father."

     Turning to your side, curling up to a ball, you locked eyes with the woman in a complete daze remembering the days where she was once alive. Where they were just two siblings, two entities fighting as one. They had always been two peas in a pod for their entire lives. Had always been there and now she was gone. Allowing death to take her from them.

    Morana had known her. Y/n had barely just started understanding her.

     "Used it on him?"

    "She thought he was one of the bad ones. Freaked out and freezed him just to get out of his grip." A soft chuckle emitted from her. "It was funny to hear Orion talk about the memory."

    "I miss her." You have been your entire life. Only this time it was permanent.

    "I do too kid," Morana gave a small sad smile. "Now sleep."

    "Can't."

     "And why's that kid?"

     Y/n answered too easily, too gravely, "Too much on my mind." Usually once before she loved having too much on her mind. She loved the escapism. Only now it proved to be a useless tool in her life.

     Morana shifted onto her back, laying a hand over her stomach. "Thinking about them too?"

     And by them she meant Voltron. Sadly she hadn't sat herself down and given them a full thought it was always a mention of names and recalling half of a memory. But that's what life was with the Kaltea being attentive rather than being stuck in her own mind. Even if you had mentioned them to mind, you couldn't say you ever fully thought about them. "No," so you lied that you never once thought of them.