Chapter 10

Long chapter ahead.

“Stop, right there," Mirai commanded, her voice firm and her presence imposing. She stood like a sentinel before her brother, her poised stance leaving no room for Gojo's approach. As her hands raised, a subtle vibration stirred the air, and with a focused gesture, an iridescent shield flickered to life around her and Yuji. Its glow throbbed gently, casting a serene light on their surroundings.

From within Mirai's mind, (Y/N)was on the edge of her proverbial seat, “Oh, man, it's like I've been inserted into an episode—where's my popcorn?” she mused, her inner fangirl nearly squealing at the high-definition spectacle before her.

As Gojo's head tilted with his usual flair, (Y/N) found herself mentally swooning, “There goes the coolest cucumber in the salad of life.”

"Is this a party trick or a new toy?" Gojo teased, his words dripping with the casual arrogance of one who knew he was the strongest in the room. Despite this, his interest in the field was genuine—a new quirk to explore.

Y/N chuckled to herself, “He’s like that one person who brings a knife to a gunfight because he knows he’ll win anyway.”

"It's a defensive perimeter," Mirai explained, her eyes scanning the perimeter with the focus of a guardian. 

(Y/N) snickered internally, “Girl's dropping science and sorcery like it's hot. Gojo, you might just meet your match with Mirai's badassery.”

 "This construct is one of my own design, blending cursed energy with quantum physics to create a barrier that not only protects but counteracts invasive forces. It can even unravel those who dare breach it, much like the tidal forces near a singularity."

Mirai’s explanation of her quantum-powered barrier only fueled (Y/N)'s growing awe. “Quantum mechanics and cursed energy? I’m definitely not in Kansas anymore.” (Y/N) mused, feeling like she had front-row seats to the coolest science-meets-magic show on Earth—or any other dimension.

Mirai continued with a threatening look, “In short, for those who attempt to cross, the consequences resemble the gravitational stretch of a black hole—unyielding and final."

Mirai's stern command for Yuji's safety had (Y/N) inwardly cheering with a mix of admiration and humor. “That's right, girl! Lay down the law. Yuji's big sis is in the house, and she means business!”  she mused, treating the tension-filled moment with her own brand of irreverent humor.

A flicker of amusement crossed Gojo's hidden eyes as he chuckled. "Oh, I like you," his admiration was plain to hear, even to an eavesdropping (Y/N), who was quickly becoming a team Mirai cheerleader.

“...”

The ensuing silence was punctuated by Yuji's deep, even breaths—a calming rhythm in the shadow of the unfolding discussion about his fate. At Mirai's command, "Yuji. Sleep," he had drifted off, a testament to her control over even the subconscious.

"Now...," Mirai responds, her posture relaxing ever so slightly but the energy field remaining intact. "Then let's talk about Yuji. Now that he's consumed a finger of Ryomen Sukuna, what are your plans for him?"

With Yuji in a magically induced slumber, (Y/N) reflected, “Sleeping Beauty’s got nothing on you, Yuji. But instead of a kiss, you get a sister with the power to make Dr. Strange look like a party magician.”

The air seemed to charge with a current of silent understanding between the sorcerer and the protective sister. Gojo, accustomed to the deference his power commanded, found the direct challenge in Mirai's tone a refreshing anomaly.