Things to Do

Hold on tight to this time and place
'Cause everything you know will be erased.

You are just a boy, you are no man and
nobody you know will understand.

Pavitr had remembered the fear when he saw the black matter spreading across the small portion of his universe. It was confusing, terrifying, gut wrenching, frightening. All the words you could use to describe the emotions that he couldn't bear to express in front of everyone. Although, he couldn't hide the worry, side glancing toward his newfound friends.

"Is everything going to be okay?" He'd remember asking, getting no proper response.

The last thing he remembered was looking back at Gayatri. She was still there, alive and well, just like he wanted her to be. She was still standing, staring at him and only him specifically with wide eyes, also wanting an answer for the strange situation.

He wished he could hug her and tell her it was okay, maybe even plant a couple kisses onto her forehead. That would be enough to assure him that it would all be fine.

But oh, little did he know that it would crumble through his fingers like sand. His universe, the love of his life, and the meaning of protecting his city. His home.

It all was disintegrating before his eyes. All of it was disappearing, being pulled into the large mass of darkness that had broken loose and no one was there to contain it. Nobody was there to help. He was just watching, stuck in place. 

He could feel the tears slowly soaking into his mask. Gayatri was down there, and he could do nothing about it. He was stuck, conflicted in a dilemma of following orders and doing what he wanted to do.

It broke him. He cried, sobbing aloud as his body refused to move. He just wanted to keep everyone alive. He wanted to save his city. He wanted to save his aunt Maya. But it was all in vain now.

Pavitr could feel someone tugging on his arm. They were trying to usher him away from the view of his city glitching and falling into the mass. Somewhere in there was everyone he loved, everyone he cared for.

Before the person behind him could tug any harder, he fell to his knees and cried. He cried and cried. He cried until he couldn't anymore. He cried until he was forced to his feet and pulled away from his falling universe.

he wanted to save everyone. But he couldn't.

After all, he was just a young boy who could only do so much.