16

Emma POV

Emma woke up from her nap in her hospital bed with a sense of hopefulness, the nurse had just come in to check her vitals and tell her the good news she had been waiting for - she was being discharged today and would finally be able to go home.

The nurse smiled reassuringly and said, "Yes, she's awake now and doing much better than expected."

Without wasting another minute, Emma rushed to Abigail's room to see her. When she opened the door, she saw Abigail in her bed, her eyes wide and alert as she blinked back at Emma.

"Abigail," Emma said softly, although there was no recognition in Abigail's eyes. "It's me. Emma. Don't you remember me?"

Abigail couldn't answer, she just shook her head blankly. Emma was heartbroken to realize that Abigail must have had amnesia after her coma and didn't remember her.

Emma was devastated. She'd seen so much promise in Abigail's playing and opened her heart to her in a way she'd never done before. But now, Abigail couldn't remember her. In that moment Emma decided that she was going to help Abigail in anyway that she could to help her remember.

In the weeks that followed, Emma decided to dedicate herself to helping Abigail. She visited Abigail frequently in the hospital and talked to her endlessly about the life they used to share. She told her that someone had caused her accident and they were in jail. She shared stories, photos, and memorabilia from their time together in the hopes that it would help jog Abigail's memory.

Emma was determined to give Abigail her past back. She took Abigail to places that were special to them and showed her snippets of her life before the accident. Nothing was working and Emma couldn't understand why. Emma had tried everything she could think of to make Abigail remember her. Emma had just got the news that abigail would be headed home from the hospital tomorrow morning.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​___________________________________________
Abigail POV

The hours in the hospital blurred together and Abigail was desperate to go home. She imagined what it must be like to be in her own bed curled up. even though she wished for it, the thought of leaving scared her. She was still experiencing amnesia since the accident and had no idea what the future was going to hold for her.
urs in the hospital blurred together and Abigail was desperate to go home. She imagined what it must be like–curled up in her sheets, the familiar sound of her aunt's voice, the comfort of her own room. Even though she wished for it, the thought of leaving scared her. She had experienced amnesia after the accident and had no idea what the future held.
When she was finally discharged, Abigail anxiously waited in the lobby for her aunt's arrival. while waiting she received a text from Emma letting her know that she would see her this afternoon. Abigail smiled at the message. She had grown to really like Emma and was excited to see her today.

At the house, Abigail's aunt carefully helped her into her room and left to give her some privacy. But as Abigail looked around her familiar room, she couldn't remember a single thing from the last few months. She felt a wave of panic rise through her. Still feeling uneasy, Abigail made her way to the bathroom, hoping a hot bubble bath would relax her enough to remember something.

Abigail eased herself into the hot bubble bath, and as the warmth washed over her body, she closed her eyes and tried to relax. As she luxuriated in the warmth of the water, bubbles tickling her skin, her mind began to clear.

Suddenly, it was like a dam had broken, and memories from the past few months came flooding back. She recalled the accident and everything that happened that night. She didn't know who the person was, but she remembered that Emma told her the guy was caught and in jail. She was happy about that, but she wanted to know who he was and why he did it. She decided she was going to ask Emma about it soon. But for now, she was happy to have her memories back and couldn't wait for Emma to come so she could surprise her and kiss her.

A few hours had passed, and Emma was going to be at the door at any minute. Abigail got dressed and made her way downstairs to wait on Emma to get there. just like clock work someone rung the doorbell and she already knew who it was.

She opened the door and saw Emma with hope in her eyes.

'did you remember anything today, Abi?' Emma asked

'no nothing new' Abigail said with a smirk. She saw sadness in Emma's eyes just for a second.

'that's okay it will take a little more time, but until then I brought food' Emma said with a smile.

'Thank you, Ms.Smith' Abigail said with a smile. Emma shivered at the sound of those words.

Abigail took the food from Emma and sat it on the counter and moved close to Emma just inches away from her lips. Emma froze unsure of what to do.

Abigail leaned down and whispered in Emma's ear 'You know what I really want to eat though'

Emma breathing faster said 'what'

Abigail grabbed Emma by her throat making Emma let out a soft moan. 'I want you' Abigail said in a husky tone.

Emma looked into Abigail's eyes 'but this isn't right you haven't gotten your memory back yet Abi'

Abigail took a step back and looked at Emma 'actually'

Emma looked at her with a weird expression 'what do you mean actually'

Abigail said excitedly 'I remember everything Emma'

Emma screamed and hugged Abigail 'but what was that just a second ago?' She asked

Abigail laughed 'I wanted to prank you'

Emma slapped Abigail's arm 'That's not funny you asshole' she said with a smile

Abigail laughed 'but it really is, I had you right where I wanted you'

'Whatever' Emma said shaking her head 'so what triggered you getting your memory back?'

Abigail took a step back 'okay just promise you won't get mad'

'Why would I get mad?' Emma asked.

'Just promise' Abigail said.

'Fine I promise I won't get mad' Emma said.

'Okay so earlier I slipped and fell and hit my head' Abigail said as she took another step back.

Emma eyes grew wide 'you what? Abi you just got out the hospital, do you need to go back?'

Abigail looked at Emma 'you said you wouldn't get mad'

'I'm not mad I promise' Emma said.

'You sure because you look mad' Abigail said.

Emma took a deep breath and took a few steps towards Abigail. 'I'm not mad I'm just worried is all, I almost lost you' Emma said with teary eyes.

Abigail quickly pulled Emma in for a hug. 'I know Emma but I'm right here and I'm not going any where' Abigail leaves a soft kiss on Emma's lips.

'Hey look at me' Abigail said softly. Emma looked up into Abigail's eyes.

'I love you' Abigail said as she placed another kiss on Emma's lips.

'I love you too Abi' Emma said with a smile.