Chapter 7

Nandini went to her room and saw the dress her brother got her laid out on her bed. Taking it, she quickly got ready and admired herself in the mirror.

"Ooh...Nandz you are looking  too hot!"

"Ahem..."

"Oh!" Nandini jumped in surprise and turned around to see RV standing at her door looking amused, "Bhai....maine toh aapko dekha hi nahi."

"Yeah....I can see that." RV chuckled, "Anyways, yeh gift hai Dadaji aur Dadi ke liye. Ishani forgot to take it with her."

"Ok Bhai." Nandini took the gift bag from RV and placed it on her bed. 

LOCATION: Malhotra Mansion

"Aryan....itni der se kyun aaya? I told you to come straight home." Pooja reprimanded her son as he entered. The mansion was bustling with guests since it was the 56th Marriage Anniversary of Prithvi & Gayatri Malhotra.

"Sorry Ma....I was a bit....stuck." Aryan replied.

"Kya? Kaise?"

"Lambhi kahani hai Ma....Abhi main tayyar ho ke aata hoon"

"Haan Haan...jaldi kar."

Aryan made his way through the guests awkwardly smiling at random people and then ran upstairs to his room.

"Argh! That spoilt girl!" Aryan threw his bag onto the bed angrily. "Itna immature koi kaise ho sakta hai? She actually locked me in the classroom and left!"

After quickly changing, Aryan went back down.

"Arre Ishani! Finally, aa gayi tum!" Aryan noticed Anjali Malhotra hug a woman who looked about Meher's age.

"Ji Aunty...sorry thodi late ho gayi." Ishani replied.

"Koi baat nahi...Tum aa gayi na wohi important hai." Anjali replied. She turned to "Pooja...this is Ishani. Main bata rahi thi na? Iska ek bada restaurant hai....tum Simran ko bhej sakti ho iske paas kaam ke liye. Hai na Ishani?"

"Haan Haan...humme vaise bhi ek extra chef chahiye tha. Aur Aunty ne aaj subha hi mujhe aapki bahu ke baare mein bataya." Ishani replied.

"Simran beta!" Anjali called out to Simran who was walking by. She walked over to them. "Yeh Ishani hai...."

"Oh haan...aunty ne bataya aapke baare mein. Namaste." Simran greeted Ishani with respect. 

"Hi everyone!" Rohan spoke up, annoyed that nobody paid any attention to him.

"Oops....iska intro toh reh hi gaya." Anjali chuckled. "Yeh hai humara Rohan, Ishani ka beta."

"Hello Rohan beta." Pooja bent down and shook hands with Rohan. "Its nice to meet you."

Rohan grinned happily and shook her hand.

"Beta...tu upar jaa ke bachon ke saath khel. Thik hai?" Anjali told him.

"Ok."

"Ma..." Simran asked as Rohan ran upstairs. "Aapne Amu ko dekha?"

"Nahi toh....par woh toh Dhruv aur Muskaan ke saath thi na?" Pooja said in a concerned voice.

"Tumhari beti hai?" Ishani asked.

"Haan..meri beti aur meri nanand ki bache hai....paata nahi kaha gaye." Simran said.

"Im sure yahi kahi bakki bachon ke saath khel rahe hai. Chinta mat karo." Ishani assured her.

"Haan but....oh there they are!" At that moment they notice the kids who were running around playing tag. Amaya was running in front of the others looking back when she suddenly ran into a girl who looked around 25. Simran and Pooja gasped as the glass of wine the girl was holding spilt over her white dress.

"AHH! YOU STUPID KIDS!" The girl yelled as she looked at her dress in horror.

"Prem...Yeh Natasha Shah hai na? Kaveri Shah ki badi beti?" Anjali asked her son who had just walked upto them.

"Haan...yeh pakka scene create karegi. We should go to her." Prem started toward Natasha and the kids. Anjali, Simran, Pooja, & Ishani followed.

"Sorry Aunty..." Amaya Malhotra softly apologized trying to hide behind her cousins, Dhruv and Muskaan while the Malhotra kids, Laksh & Meera stood behind them.

"SORRY? SORRY SE KYA HOGA? MERI DRESS TOH THIK NAHI HOGI NA? LOOK WHAT YOU DID! YOU BRAT!"

"Aunty aap meri behen pe chilla nahi sakti aise!" Dhruv spoke up to protect Amaya. Simran and Pooja smiled proudly seeing that.

"Kya bola tumne? Why you little-" Natasha raised her hand and swung it forward to slap Dhruv. Simran and Pooja were about to stop her but another hand caught Natasha's before she could slap Dhruv. It was Nandini who had arrived in time to see what happened and had grabbed her hand before she could hit Dhruv and she took one step placing her self between the kids and Natasha. The kids stood scared behind the girl and Amu was already in tears.

"Tumhari problem kya hai Natasha? Chote bachon pe haath kaise utha sakti ho?" Nandini scolded her.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you, Nandini? Meri dress ki halat dekho...aur tumne sunna nahi iss ladke ne kaise baat ki mujhse?"

"Sab dekha maine...even that this little girl apologized. Jo bhi hua woh bas ek galati hai. Aur iss ladke ne kuch galat nahi kiya.... he was just protecting his sister. Tum overreact kar rahi ho...like always." Nandini spoke back.

" I am not over reacting, My dress is very expensive!"

"Tum samajh hi nahi rahi ho! Even my dress is expensive lekin main kabhi iske vajah se chote bachon pe haath nahi uthaungi....you have no right to lay even a finger on this kid. You know what...Free advice deti hoon tumhe. Yeh ek family event hai aur yahan bache toh khelenge so maybe you should just stay away from these things."

"Payal! Yeh ladki mujhe itna sab bol rahi hai and you are just standing there!" Natasha yelled at Payal who was standing behind Nandini with Tina.

"Yeh ladki...meri dost hai and  you know her name Natasha."

"Oh WOW!" Natasha sarcastically clapped her hands, "Seriously, wow! Yeh tumhari dost hai aur main? Main tumhari badi behen nahi hoon?"

"Natasha...I really think you should just leave now. Scene create mat karo yahan." Payal told her sister. Natasha glared at the two girls one last time before turning around and leaving the party. Once she left, Nandini turned around and saw that Amaya was sobbing while Dhruv & Muskaan were trying to make her feel better. She kneeled down next to her and wiped her tears.

"You know...pretty ladkiyon ko aise rona nahi chahiye!" Nandini said making Amu smile lightly with tears still running down her face. "Dont pay any attention to what that aunty said was saying okay?"

Amu nodded cutely as Nandini smiled.

"So...naam kya hai tum teeno ka?"

"Muskaan...Dhruv & Amaya." Simran replied from behind. Nandini stood up to talk to her when she saw Aryan.

"TUM?"

"TUM?" They both yelled at the same time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on this chapter?