Chapter One - Richard

"I hate that fucking bunny."

Margot was getting ready for Greek class, with her boyfriend and roommate James. They had been dating for two and a half years now, meeting in his last year at her Boarding school. He was tall, a whole eight inches taller than Margot at six foot two with dark hair and brown eyes.

He was an English literature major at Hampden, and was Margot's roommate in their off campus apartment. He was currently ranting about his hatred for one of Margot's classmates, and friend she supposed - Bunny - as she did her hair.

The ends had been slightly curled, and she was currently tying a cream coloured piece of ribbon into the top half of it - to keep it out of her eyes during class- in a half up half down hairstyle.

"He isn't awful." Margot defending, even though he was. He didn't seem to like her, at all, neither with Camilla. They had theorised over a glass of wine one night that he had never slept with a girl before, not even Marion, and hated his involuntary celibacy so much he took it out on the only girls other than his own girlfriend that spent time with him.

"He fucking is. He walks around this campus in his stupid suits as if he's smarter than all of us - even though we all got in to the same fucking college as him. Yesterday he fucking ate Brad's lunch even though it was labelled, and he's done it before with everyone but your little Greek cult."

"It's not a cult." Margot rolled her eyes, finishing a thin layer of lipstick that was only a shade off her natural colour. He was always so dramatic when it came to her friends, she thought it was probably because he wasn't smart enough to get into the class. He wanted to take it with her, as they both did in boarding school, but was shocked and slightly embarrassed she got accepted by Julian while he got turned away almost immediately. "And how did you know it was Bunny who ate the lunch?"

"Margot, everyone knows it's him. He does it at least once a week." James exclaimed, wrapping his scarf around his neck as she slipped on her shoes and grabbed her book.

"He's eccentric."

"He's an asshole."

"I'm going to be late." She sighed, pulling on her coat.

"Ok, fine. I just don't like it when you hang around him with his pretentious attitude and behaviour." James looked at her across their dorm.

"Do you think I'm pretentious?" She asked, honestly.

"That's not what I'm saying, Mars, and you know it. You don't flaunt your wealth to everybody and their mothers, but they do. They think going to private school and wearing fancy suits and studying a dead language makes them better."

"I have Greek, can we discuss this later?" Margot snapped angrily. They didn't fight often, barely at all, but when they did it almost always ended with him making some passive aggressive comment about Greek.

About how it's dead, or pretentious, or useless. Sometimes she thinks he seemed to forgot he was talking to someone whose life currently almost revolved around it. Someone who found it comforting, or interesting.

To him it was just a subject, an extra credit. Something to look good on his application, or a chore.

"I'm sorry." He said after a few beating seconds of silence. She could never stay mad at him for long.

"It's fine, you can make it up to me with dinner tonight." She grinned at him, as he shot her a wink. "Now I really am I gonna be late to class, bye." She said, grabbing her keys and opening to door.

"Have fun, Mars."

Leaving her boyfriend, Margot set off through the streets on foot to the campus, eventually making it into the lyceum.