prolog

"pinky promise?"

"pinky promise."

On the last night of October 1981 Sirius Black And Valeria Black received the tragic news of the deaths of James and Lily Potter, they didn't even have time to grieve and be sad, for Sirius was only one thing clear, Peter Pettigrew had betrayed them, their brother had sold them to the Dark Wizard himself as if they never knew each other , he had decided to save his own life by choosing to giving up his friends and playing innocent.

Sirius couldn't just sit around, waiting for any signs that harry is save, he would go after Peter and punish him for what he did, but first he needed to get harry
"Sirius this is bullshit stop it you're getting yourself killed," Valeria cried after him as he made his way towards the door, she was carrying a little baby, barely 1 year old, in her arms."You can't go after him by yourself, let the Aurors and the Ministry-"
"I think we both can agree when I say that the Ministry never does theyre job right hun'." Sirius turned around to hold her face in his hands. "I have to,he betrayed James and Lilly, he betrayed us Lia."
"I still don't think it's a good idea i have a really bad feeling about this, Sirius," Valeria sighed.
Sirius gazed down towards the thing he loved most in the world. His daughter Cassiopeia.he rubbed her cheek with his pinky, he also sighed, he didn't want to leave his cassy and his wife alone right now. He really wanted to stay with his family he really did. But he couldn't he couldn't let this man he once called a brother walk away with that.
"I'll be back," Sirius said determined, looking up at his wife again.
"I promise you I'll be back, I get harry, tell the ministry everything and look for pettigrew okay ?
And then we will leave, I don't care where we go it could be in Alaska or in South Korea I don't care as long as I'm with you. Safe with you."
"You know I don't like broken promises,."Lia whispered. Her eyes filled with more and more tears till the point she couldn't let it in no longer.
"Listen to me," he lifted her chin and whipped away those tears that had just fallen. "I will come back with Harry, I will come back for Cassy, and I will come back for you.. My Valeria.."
"Pinky Promise?" Valeria asked she knew it was childish but it made her feel better. "Pinky Promises"laughed Sirius. He kissed her, slow and filled with sadness, enjoying every moment of it, hoping their lives would continue happy and safe, wishing that he would never break this promise.

Sirius pulled away and looked at her then at Cassy he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek ,looking at her one last time, feeling guilty for leaving when he looked at his daughter, but he pushed it aside and looked at his wife one more time.
"I'll see you just in a blink," Sirius said promising.
And with that he left, hoping he would come back with harry and they could live a peaceful life.

Valeria was nervously waiting for her husbands return, looking down to Cassy every two seconds to making sure she was still with her. She ran up and down in the kitchen of their home.
But then suddenly , she heard noises outside, oh how she hoped it would've been Sirius, but just as Sirius told her before "if anybody is coming hide Cassy even if you think it's me hide her", so she quickly placed Cassy on her little bed beside the dishwasher and performed an Invisible Charm on her , making her unnoticeable.
The door was banged open just as Lia returned to the living room. With her wand in hand, she looked at the Person who was standing in the doorway and pointing his wand at her.Peter Pettigrew.

"Pettigrew,"Lia said cold, raising her wand even higher.
"Where is Sirius?"
Peter's wand swatched from one hand to the other
"Answer me!" Valeria shouted. "Or did you already used all your words by betraying Lily and James to Voldemort?", at the Mention of Pettigrews Master he frowned. "Don't you dare to say his name," he squeaked. "I can say his name whenever I want you are only to scared because you are his filthy little disgusting ser-"
"'Bombar-"
"Protego!"
"I'm here for one thing only Valeria,"
"If you want my daughter, you'll have to kill me first,"Valeria's voice was now ice cold.

"Sectum-!"
"Using Snivelluses spells now huh?," she asked laughing,blocking the spell off. But just as Valeria started to laugh Pettigrew screamed.
"AVADA KEDAVRA!!"
It was too late ,three seconds she had laughed, these three seconds she didn't pay attention, these three seconds that would cost her her life. She fell down to the Ground lifeless. Peter Pettigrew looked now over the body of the woman he once called his bestfriend, the wand who killed her just seconds ago still in his hand. He sighed and started to search the house for Cassiopeia looking everywhere, in every basement, in every attic ,in every room , but he still didn't found her. After a while of searching Peter gave up thinking that they probably gave Cassy to someone else's where she wouldn't be in Danger and with this tought he left the house.

At the same time somewhere in England Remus Lupin got home from a little drinking Session not knowing what just happened. As he unlocked his front door, he could hear the phone ringing. It took him a few moments to get in - the wooden frame had swollen with all the rainfall, and the door got gummed up sometimes - but when he got in, it was still ringing. Must be urgent , he thought, absent-mindedly.
He shouted, "Padfoot?Felis? You in?" as he crossed the the room, then lifted the receiver, "Hello?"
"Hello? Hello, Remus, is that you?"
"Mary? Hi! I just got back - where the hell is everybody?!"
There was a strange silence on the end of the phone, and a horrible static prickle ran down his spine. "Mary?!"
"You haven't heard..."
"Jesus Christ, Mary, what?!"
"Remus... something awful has happened."
She started explaining, and Remus fell to his knees as the whole world began to fall apart.

"Felis?are you there?,"cried his voice outside the house of Valeria and Sirius not even an hour later. "Vally?," Remus spoke again but got no answer. He banged the door open since nobody answered him. It was dark so he couldn't really see anything. "Vally are you here?," Lupin asked and whispered to himself "please don't be dead" but he stoped abruptly as he saw a body laying on the floor. "Lumos," he whispered. And then he saw her laying on the floor, She was dead, His Bestfriend who got him trough anything since first year lifeless on the floor. Remus was speechless, he broke down on his knees and started to feel tears starting to form in his eyes. "No," he told himself "No he couldn't do this to his own wife no". "Shit Cassy," he spoke out loud as another figure was standing in the doorway. Remus noticed and began to grip his wand tightly. "Remus do not worry it is me," said an old voice. Remus sighed out of relief and lowered his wand
"Sorry Albus," he said sad and looked down at Valeria's body again. "A tragic she was a wonderful student,"mumbled Albus Dumbledore. "As you may know Sirius is now in Azkaban for betraying Lily and James selling them to Voldemort, as well as killing Peter Pettigrew and a whole street of muggles and as you can see Valeria", the old man sighed, "the Ministry says that Sirius also killed her." explained Dumbledore. Remus said nothing but stared down at the body again. His bestfriends all dead and the boy he once called a brother a murderer. "Remus," Dumbledore spoke again. "Would you take care of theyre daughter since you're her godfather and I don't think that you nor Valeria wanted to sent her to the Malfoys..". "Of course I will raise her is that even a question but at first we need to find her I think Valeria may put an Invisible Charm on her," said Remus now a bit happier. He then performed the Revelio Charm, showing a small girl asleep in her little bed, a blanket carefully over her body and her messy wavy hair all out of place. Dumbledore lifted her in his arms, making sure not to wake her, he then handed her over to Remus. "Take care of her as if it's your own!" demanded Dumbledore.
"Of course Albus,"
"And Remus"
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry.."
With that Albus left and Remus was left alone with his goddaughter.

And so the story of Cassiopeia Valeria Black and Harry James Potter may begin