Chapter 4- Lies

No TW for this chapter 

Ezra was still unconscious when they arrived at Silco's warehouse. The man who carried her placed her into a chair. Vander was left on the floor next to Silco. "It's a little crude, I'll admit. The base violence needed for change. But we both know Topside won't listen to anything else." Silco's voice was smooth yet powerful, he spoke with confidence. "Even with your monsters you won't win a war against Piltover." Vander spat. Silco seemed unphased, "I don't need to. I just need to scare them. They won't dare step foot here again." Vander grew angry, "For what? Pride?" Silco took his words as mockery, "For respect." Silco said this as if it was a known fact, "Everything they've denied us." Vander raised his voice, "I respected you! The Lanes respected you!" Silco bent down so he was on Vander's level, "We shared a dream, a vision! Do you even remember?" Silco's next words were quiet, "I trusted you and you betrayed me." Vander grunted from pain or maybe even agony, "I've never forgiven myself; you were my brother." Silco shook his head, "Can you imagine what it's like, when your blood mixes with the filth and the toxins eat through your nerves? I hated you for it, but with time hate was replaced with an understanding. The only way to defeat a superior enemy is to become what they fear. I hated you, but you kept respect until you made a deal with them."

Silco reached into his pocket. "I had to." Vander pleaded. "Perhaps, but now you have a choice." Silco pulled a vile out of his pocket, it was filled with a purple liquid that shined as you moved it. "Shimmer, with this we have the power. We can achieve our dream," Silco paused, "Brother." Vander stood his ground with the little energy he had left, "Look at what you've done. Benzo, these kids. Fighting Topside would sacrifice everything that we are. Kill me if you have to, but please," Vander took a deep breath, "Spare the lanes." One of Silco's henchmen dragged Vander over to a chair in an open room that Vander could be strapped to. The chair was in an open room, Ezra was also placed in that room, she was tied to a chair behind Vander's. Silco chuckled at Vander's defenselessness. He left the room with a smile on his face. Ezra was still out cold and there was a man guarding the door, so there was nothing Vander could do, except wait for his demise.

A few hours later Ezra woke up. She squirmed in her seat before she realized she was tied down, "Is anyone-'' Vander coughed before she could finish her question. "I'm here." He spat out a little blood. "What the hell happened?" Ezra paused to think, but within moments it all came rushing back to her.

"You betrayed me." Ezra mumbled. "What?" Vander couldn't hear her since she was so quiet. "You lied to me. You betrayed me!" She said a little louder. "Ezra," Vander tried to explain, but Ezra didn't want to hear it, "You said he was dead." Ezra could barely breathe because of how tight her chest was, "You tried to send me back to Stillwater! After everything I told you about that place." Vander looked at the floor. "Why? Vander!" Vander's silence was answer enough. Ezra clicked her tongue as she thought, "You only knew half of what happened to me in Stillwater. It was so much worse, and you were going to send me back. We could've talked about a better solution! No one had to go to Stillwater!" she cried. Ezra tried to squeeze free, but failed. "And Silco. You and him are the only thing I have left of my mother! She wanted me to know both of you!" Ezra cried out. Vander didn't look up, "I didn't want him to hurt you." Ezra had tears streaming down her cheeks. "So you can send me back to Stillwater, but meeting Silco is where you draw the line?" Ezra was filled with so many emotions it made her nauseous. "Ez, please just listen to me." Vander tried to explain, but Ezra didn't want to hear it. She froze at the note of the nickname. She felt her eyes fill with tears that she couldn't contain. If she wasn't lightheaded or tied down she would have run out of the room. She tried to hold back tears, but failed. Ezra cried. She cried like a child who was lost and couldn't find anyone to help her, that's how she felt. Vander didn't say anything due to his confusion. "That doesn't change the fact that you lied to me! I'm not a child, you could've told me! Vander," Ezra choked back tears, "don't ever call me 'Ez' again." She was stern. Vander fell silent, and it stayed like that for a few moments.

"Well she's a feisty one, isn't she?" Silco stepped into the room and Vander looked up at him. "Silco, leave her out of this." Vander begged. Silco chuckled and moved closer to Ezra. He grabbed the back of her chair and dragged it to the side so Vander could see her. Their chairs were now placed side by side. Vander turned to look at Ezra, however she refused to look at Vander.

Silco grabbed her chin so he could look at Ezra better, however he was gentle, "She looks familiar, don't you see it?" Ezra didn't fight Silco's touch. Vander chuckled, "You wouldn't believe it?" Silco let go of Ezra so he could look at Vander, "What do you mean?" Vander smiled, "Well it wasn't always the two of us, was it?" Silco's eyes widened, "It can't be-'' He walked back to Ezra. Ezra was fed up with Vander's bullshit, "What he means to say is I'm Eliza Graves' daughter, Ezra." she glanced at Vander, displeased. Silco's jaw dropped. He turned to Vander, "She's all grown up. She looks just like Eliza." Silco looked back at Ezra. Silco spoke to Vander and Ezra as if the two were friends, Silco didn't hear the words in their fight he just heard their voices. Silco looked at Vander, "Is El back too?" The hope to see his old friend shined on his face. Ezra looked at Silco, he knew that look, the hope slowly left him. Ezra explained, "She died six years ago. Some fucking gang from the Undercity killed her." Ezra explained. Silco was in shock, he didn't move or say anything. "El wanted her to come find u-" Vander was going to say 'the both of us', but he didn't, "me. Find me." Silco was at a loss for words. He couldn't believe that Eliza would exclude him from her daughter's life. Silco and Vander sat silently for a few moments.

"Lair." Ezra chuckled, she was at her fucking breaking point. "What?" Silco looked at her. "He's lying." She said looking at Vander again, disgusted. "Ezra, he's not the same person Eliza wanted you to know." Vander tried to defend himself. "Stop lying!" Ezra squirmed in her chair more, Vander and Silco both looked at her. "I can't handle this!" she shouted as her emotions overwhelmed her. She held back tears. Silco pulled a small knife out from his pocket and cut Ezra free. Now that she could move, she brought her knees to her chest and cried to herself while still in the chair. Not only had she felt physically and mentally terrible, but she was also embarrassed.

Vander didn't say anything, he just stared at Ezra. Silco moved closer to her and leaned down to her ear. "I'm sorry about your mother. She is a beautiful soul." Silco whispered. He couldn't speak about Eliza in the past-tense either, he wasn't ready too. Silco stood back up. He looked at Vander with disgust before walking away.