Red Boxes And Blue Fezzes (Doctor Who/Torchwood FanFic)

This is my very first story, I just thought of this minutes earlier, please enjoy and criticise.

A huge thankyou to many Wattpaders for inspiring this story, like girlinbluedocmartens and XphoenixXangelX, DoctorWhovian

All rights got to BBC Apart ftom the clarke family ect. ect. 

~Ace

"In The End, as you fade into the night." I sang softly as I dragged my blue hairbrush through my long dirty blonde hair. My name is Hailey Clarke and I am as bored as hell. I stared into the misty mirror at my reflection. I placed my round Harry Potter-style glasses over my hazel eyes, humming. I toyed with my striped red and black cardigan. An agitated mew came from behind my bedroom door, and I opened it to see Artemis, my black and white cat, named after the Greek goddess because of her unnatural silver eyes, like two tiny moons.

She strolled inside, rubbing her head against my jean-clad leg, before jumping onto the windowsill. I stared outdoors with her.

Great , bare, oak trees rustled with the gentle wind, light, white clumps falling from the sky, covered my back garden. I was incredibly proud of my garden. In the summer it burst with fresh fruit, also with lush red tulips and carnations reaching towards the sky. Now, it was bare, though. I couldn't find anything to my liking that could grown in harsh English winter of 2012.

After sitting and singing for what felt like hours I decided to do something productive. I walked across my light blue bedroom covered in bookshelves and band posters to the white desk in the corner. Grabbing my maths book, I opened it to page 271.

Flicking on the silver Christmas lights twisting along my walls I stared down.

"134.227 -(x+43) =           43X(y-654)=          54X(x+45.6) =

Using the principle of x=19 explain  how y should be" Blah Blah Blah.

Nevermind. I flopped down onto my silver bed, flicking through my worn copy of Sherlock Holmes until I found my dalek shaped bookmark. I was soon absorbed by the brilliant works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Images in my mind were painted from the printed text. Mrs Hudson's floral print dress, Irene Adler's flirtatious smile. The outside world of Algebra and lolly-pops ceased to exist as I stared down, devouring the words.

That wasn't so good, though. I love lolly-pops, I mean, who doesn't?

....Exactly.  

Too soon for my own liking, the sun began too dip behind the terraced houses opposite, not that you could see it through the thick veil of clouds. 

Skipping downstairs, I made 4 hot chocolates with extra whipped cream, as well as fluffy marshmallows and vanilla flavouring. Slower this time, I carried them up stairs. My mother, father and brother thanked me, I loved making delicious treats, and was fairly good at it, if I do say so myself. I texted goodnight to my older half-sister, the opposite of me- beautiful and popular, who seemed to have friends wanting to have her sleeping over every other day. 

Don't get me wrong, I had several friends (and couldn't wish for anyone more loyal than them.), but Sophie was so nice and bubbly, everyone loved her her bright blue eyes and bubblegum pink lips. She was a fashionista, a person to be. I loved her to pieces but couldn't help but be jealous every now and again-hey, I'm only human!

I was more quiet, where as I excelled in English, science and languages (French, German and just starting Latin), she was on her way to becoming sports captain, a math whizz.

We both took our looks from my father, an astronomer, whereas my step-mother and brother where dark and mysterious. Black hair and silver eyes, often reminding me of Sirius Black. 

My thoughts began to run in circles so, unable to sleep, I switched on my TV and began watching Tooth And Claw. The brand new and quite scary Doctor Who. I was close to falling asleep when it ended, before I heard the unmistakable sound of the TARDIS coming from behind my curtains. I gasped...