Chapter 18

The pair rested together, sometimes napping, sometimes watching stupid TV. They both waited, trying not to worry about what was going on back at the Tower and if their friends and family were truly safe. They were left to their own devices until dinner time, when they were woken by the doorbell ringing.

Loki's eyes snapped open immediately, from where he was napping on the couch with Morgan laying on his chest. He wrapped a protective arm around her and summoned a throwing knife in his other hand, ready to protect Morgan."Enter, if you have a death wish," he growled at whoever was on the other side of the door.

Morgan groaned softly as she stirred groggily. She still needed lots of rest after her magical transformation. So it was hard for her to wake, but she did when Loki shifted and she saw the knife in his hand.

The door opened to one of the Iron Legion, holding a box of groceries and supplies. Morgan smiled when she saw it, recognizing it immediately. She sat up properly and touched Loki's arm, drawing his attention to her instead of to immediately attacking the robot."Stand down, Lokes. He's a friend," Morgan reassured him.

Loki nodded and vanished the knife. "Very well. Lady Morgan says you may come in," he relented, clearly trusting Morgan's opinion.

Morgan stood and approached the bot, Loki followed right behind her. "Hello, Gigo," she greeted the bot as it carried the groceries and supplies to the kitchen. She, like her father, named all the robots. They didn't all have very creative names, but she liked Gigo. It was named after an old IT saying: Garbage in, garbage out.

"I have brought you dinner," the robot said as Morgan went to help him with the groceries. His voice was mechanical, not human-sounding at all, unlike many of the Starks' creations. This AI was designed to be clearly a robot, and not be confused for the actual Iron Man. "Captain Rogers wishes for you to remain here until morning," the robot continued explaining.

Loki had followed behind the pair, keeping a close eye on his charge. He had sworn to protect Morgan, and he would with everything he was. He also had to admit to himself that he missed cuddling with her already. "And what of the team?" Loki brought up the question that they both needed to hear. Morgan hadn't gotten quite brave enough to ask it herself.

"They are safe. Repairs on the tower are nearly complete. They are investigating the attack," the robot answered in short simple sentences. It wasn't forthcoming with details. It was also clear that the team wouldn't let Morgan come back to the tower until they were absolutely sure it was safe for her. It was a good sign that they knew she was perfectly safe with Loki, no matter where they were hiding out.

"Let them know that she is safe in my care, and that we have a pleasant surprise for Mr. Stark. And no, it's not what he's immediately going to think of."Loki spoke quickly. He was babbling, he knew, but he didn't want Stark to kill him, especially when he found out about Morgan's kitsune heritage.

"Yes, sir," the robot replied. It then repeated a very colorful reminder from Tony about what would befall Loki if he was intimate with Tony's underage daughter. The threat was very details and explicit as to how Loki would die.

Loki glared at the robot, even though it was speaking with Tony's voice, clearly playing a recording. Morgan huffed and grumbled. Loki didn't need threatened. He wouldn't do anything to hurt her. "I turn 18 in less than a week," she growled softly, the sound more animalistic than usual.

Loki chuckled at the puffed up grumpy kit and cuddled her to his side. She was adorable when she was grumpy. "Reassure him that I am a gentleman and will not take advantage of his daughter," Loki understood Tony's reaction, even if he didn't agree with it.

That didn't mean that Tony wasn't going to kill Loki when he found out how Loki felt about his daughter. Loki didn't think all the reassurances and explanations in the world that ages worked differently between Midgard and Asgard; and that Loki was the equivalent of an 18 or 19 year old Midgardian. He even looked as such. That didn't mean Tony would believe him. Or care.

Loki would die regardless. Stark didn't seem to care who it was trying to date his daughter; he wasn't going to approve easily of any of them.