Chapter 9: A week away

It was the next day and Lumine asked Jean if she could use her office to write a letter this morning. Venti was off playing his lyre somewhere. None of them(except Jean and Diluc) remember what happened between Venti and Lumine last night.

"Of course you can use my office Lumine! But may I ask what the letter is for?"

"Oh, it is for Aether! Our birthday is a week away and I'm hoping he, and maybe Xiao, because they seem relatively close right now, can come to Mondstadt to celebrate! I know we are supposed to be separated because of the abyss Oder. But a couple days can't hurt right?"

"Sounds wonderful Lumine! But last question before you go. Did you tell Venti about your birthday?"

"I didn't yet. But I will after I write my letter!"

"Ok then have fun!"

-At Jeans office-

Lumine arrived at Jeans office and to her surprise Lisa was in there. Looking at books which was no surprise at all.

"Oh hello cutie! If you're looking for Jean she isn't here. Jeans going on a date with Diluc!"

"Oh is she now! Anyways, I'm not looking for Jean. She said I could use her office to write a letter to my brother! You see our birthday is a week away and I was wondering if him, and maybe Xiao can come to Mondstadt for our birthday!"

"Sounds wonderful cutie! Also quick question have you told Venti about your birthday yet?"

"Not yet. I will though!"

Lumine blushed a little this time at Venti's name. Lisa took note of her body language to the bards name.

"Well you see to that, I will be off in my library if you need anything!"

Lisa exited the room and in her place was a little floating, angry fairy.

"PAIMON DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT YOUR BIRTHDAY! PAIMON DESERVES AN EXPLANATION!!!"

"Sorry Paimon!"

Lumine explains everything to Paimon.

"Paimon is excited to see your brother again! Also, did you happen to tell Venti?"

Lumine once again blushed at the bards name. But Paimon being Paimon, who is not too too smart didn't notice a thing.

"Not yet! But I will. Also why is everyone I tell about my birthday ask if Venti knows!!!"

"Oh! Ummm, Paimon DEFINITELY doesn't know... hehe, anyways you should get to writing that letter!"

So Lumine finished the letter, and as she said she was off to tell Venti.

At the giant Barabatos statue Venti was playing down below for the people of Mondstadt when he spots two familiar figures in the crowd. Venti finished his song and claps broke the crowd! Everyone left leaving Venti and the two figures.

"Not stalking from up above now are we!?"

Lumine giggles.

"Well I came to tell you something."

"Oh and wha-"

Venti was cut off by a scream coming from outside of Mondstadt. Lumine heard and started running to the outside of Mondstadt.

"Wait up! Paimon can't fly that fast!"

The three of them made it to Windrise seeing a little girl screaming at... Dvailn!!!

"Paimon take this little girl back, me and Venti will talk with Dvailn."

"Paimon's on it! Come on little girl let's go find your parents!"

Paimon walked away with the little girl.

"Barabatos, Traveler, It is good to see you both."

"Good to see you too Dvalin!" Lumine said kindly greeting the Dragon.

"Dvalin, Why are you here?"

"I came to speak with you Barabatos. About an important matter. And you alone. Sorry Traveler."

"Oh it's no problem! You two have fun discussing your important matter!"

Lumine walks away.

"It's not like I was trying to talk to him..." Lumine said sadly and under her breath.

Lumine is now back in Mondstadt.

"Ok Dvalin what did we need to discuss."

"The Abyss Oder."

"What about them?"

"There is a whole army forming in Snezhnaya."

"What!"

"It's better if i show you."

Venti gets on Dvalin and they start flying out to Snezhaya.

"So the Traveler and you are becoming quite close friends I see."

"Yes we are!"

"Her name is Lumine is it not?"

"It is."

"Well you too seem like the perfect couple."

"C-COUPLE!?!?"

"Yes you and Lumine are together are you not??"

"NO! But..."

There was a long pause.

"But, you love her. Do I have that right Barabatos?"

"Yes."

There wasn't a hit of hesitation.

-Back in Mondstadt with Lumine and Paimon-

"LUMINE!" Paimon yelled she had rush right over when she saw her.

"Oh hi Paimon!l

Paimon had a surprise look on her face.

"So, your boyfriend isn't here."

"B-Boyfriend!"

"Yes!"

"Venti isn't my boyfriend Paimon!"

"But you want him to be!"

Lumine paused at this. 

"Y-yes."

-Back a with Venti and Dvalin-

"Barabatos we are here."

"Oh. My. Archon. That is a lot."

"It will take them about over a year to get to Mondstadt, and or Liyue to try and find your friends. Protect them Barabatos."

"I will."

-Windrise-

Lumine sat waiting a Windrise waiting for Venti to come back, when there was a huge gust of wind. She just knew who it could have been. Lumine went running! Then she saw the Ocean blue eye of her friend.

"VENTI!!!"

"LUMINE!!!"

The two of them hugged each other. Dvalin swayed his head back and forth with a grin on his face, then flew away.

"Oh Venti there is something I need to tell you!"

"What is it Lumine?"

"Aether's and my birthday is a week away!" Lumine explains the rest to Venti.

"That wonderful Lumine!"

I'm sorry this chapter took so long, I have been really busy! Anyways hoped you like it! Bye bye! 👋