Eight

It was late in the afternoon. Sugihara and Hasekura just left the doctor's office for another check-up appointment. The baby is healthy, which Hasekura was happy about. She tried not to laugh when the doctor asked Sugihara if he was the father, and he went into a rant about how he wasn't.

"Do you want me to come to the next appointment?" Sugihara offered.

Hasekura shook her head. "Nah, it's fine. I don't want to burden you with this." She smiled. "I appreciate the offer though."

"It's no problem. I don't want you to do this alone. I can only imagine how scared you must be."

"It's not that I'm scared. It's just...I want my baby to be happy and healthy."

"Just like the doctor said everything is good." He glanced at his watch. "We still have enough time before you pick up the little lady. Should we head to the bookstore and get maternity books?"

Hasekura laughed. "Why do I get the feeling you're more excited about the baby than I am?"

"I am! Just think about it, you're carrying a small baby inside your stomach for nine months. Sure it doesn't start off as a baby, but the fact that they continue to grow fascinates me."

"I heard there's a place that attaches a few things on you to make it seem like you're giving birth, forgot what they're called though," Hasekura said. "If you're that excited, we can head over and make you experience childbirth?"

Sugihara paled, hearing how painful childbirth can be. "I think I'll pass."

They laughed before heading outside. Hasekura's breath got caught in her throat when she found Kirishima waiting for them by the entrance.

"That's a lot of groceries you're carrying," Kirishima said sarcastically. He shoved his hands into his pockets. "I didn't know you weren't feeling well, Hina. I could have taken you." He glared at Sugihara. "Unless there's a reason why Sugihara is here with you instead. Seems a bit suspicious that you two are spending a lot of time together."

Sugihara gulped. "Wait, Kirishima, it's not what it looks like!" he shouted. "You were busy and Hina didn't want to bother you -"

He shrieked when Kirishima got closer with a deadly aura. "Why would I be bothered? What exactly are you two hiding?"

Hasekura growled before going between the two and separating them. Her hands were on their chest to put some distance. "We're not hiding anything." Her face flushed as she forgot how toned Kirishima's chest felt under her hand. She cleared her throat before crossing her arms. "I had to my pap smear appointment today and Sugihara wanted to know what exactly happens during the appointment."

"Huh?" the guys repeated.

Kirishima grimaced as Hasekura lied more. "I didn't want to bug you because I know how you feel about that stuff. It was pretty traumatizing for Sugihara." She looked at the blonde. "I'm sorry for almost crushing your hand. I didn't think it would hurt that much."

Sugihara held his noninjured hand. "Yeah, I'm just getting the feeling back," he continued lying.

"And for your information, he wasn't looking down there. He was traumatized by the clamp that was going inside," Hasekura said. She raised her brow at Kirishima. "Anything else, Tooru?"

"Oh," he replied as he scratched his cheek. "Then, never mind." He walked over and wrapped his arm around Hasekura's shoulders. "Does this mean you're free now? I didn't follow you all the way over here for nothing."

Yeah, you probably think I'm cheating on you again, Hasekura thought with a bit of sadness. Does he still not trust me? I should be the one not trusting him. He didn't come to bed last night. She looked up at him to see his smiling face. If it bugged him then he should have talked to me first instead of following me.

Sugihara noticed her discomfort and doubtful look. "Actually, Hina and I were gonna head to the movies. She wanted to watch the new one that came out and didn't want to go alone. And we know how you feel about rom-coms, so I offered to go with her."

"Great, what time does it start?" Kirishima asked. Hasekura's eyes widened. She couldn't believe Kirishima wanted to see the movie, even though it was half a lie. She did want to see the movie but another day. He waved Sugihara away. "I can go with her. Maybe the movie won't suck."

"Uh," Sugihara tried to make up another excuse but Kirishima was already dragging Hasekura away.

"Let's go, Hina. Wouldn't want to be late."

"Wait, Kirishima!" Sugihara called out but it was too late because they were far away. "Shit."

Kirishima laughed. "I don't think I would get used to that. So what movie are we watching?" he asked Hasekura only to find her staring at the floor in anger. "You ok?"

"Peachy," she growled before pulling away from him. "Can't believe you followed me." Kirishima blinked a few times before following her. "And you hate rom-coms, why would you offer to go if you're just going to criticize everything during the movie?"

"I don't hate them," he argued but stopped when she glanced back at him with a brow raised. "All of them." Hasekura scoffed before continuing on ahead. Kirishima looked at her confusingly before running up, grabbing her wrist, and dragging her between the empty ally. He backed her into a wall with his hands near each side of her head so she wouldn't leave. "Are you still mad at me?"

"Why didn't you come to bed last night?" she tried to deflect his question with her own.

"Huh? Is that what this is about?" Kirishima ran his hand through his hair with a little chuckle. "I was just deep in my own thought and needed time alone. Didn't mean to make you worry."

"What were you thinking about?" she couldn't help but ask. Kirishima smiled as he moved one hand to cup her cheek, his thumb lightly rubbing them.

"You and the little lady. You were really great with her last night. The little lady made me realize a few things about us that I hadn't noticed even before we dated. Like how you always made extra cookies for us to share. Or you wait up for me to come home." He chuckled. "It's cute seeing you and the little lady sleeping together like that. Like a mother and daughter would."

Hasekura's eyes widened. So, he did come back?

Kirishima answered her unasked question. "I didn't want to bug you two sleeping so I slept on the couch." He gave her a teasing smirk. "Too bad though. Your shirt rode up a bit and you were wearing those pajama shorts I love so much. Talk about self-control." His smile faltered. For whatever reason, he still felt that small strain in their relationship but he thought he was imagining it. "Will you be ok if I kiss you?"

Hasekura was a bit hesitant. But a moment later, she nodded her head. Kirishima closed the distance and kissed her while making sure to put as little space between their bodies as possible. One hand was still cradling her face while the other slid down toward her waist. Kirishima pulled away after a short while. His chest feels light and warm. He stared into Hasekura's blue eyes as some sort of reassurance that she was ok. Hasekura missed Kirishima's warmth. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him back down.

Kirishima smiled into the kiss and soon slid his tongue into Hasekura's mouth once he had an opening. The hand that was cradling her face trailed down to her hip. His thumb was rubbing the exposed skin when her shirt rode up. Hasekura reached up and grabbed Kirishima's face to deepen the kiss as their tongues fought for dominance. Just the kiss alone was sending pleasurable shockwaves through her body.

Kirishima pulled away again with a suggestive grin. "Too bad we're out in public," he said. "I can reach further in than what that stupid clamp could." He kissed her again. "I'm the only thing that should be stretching your walls, right now."

Hasekura felt herself getting turned on. "I heard the movie was lame anyway," she panted before she kissed him.

Kirishima grabbed Hasekura and hauled her over his shoulder. "The car isn't that far from here." He started running with her. "We'll make it to the estate in no time."

They didn't though. Lust clouded their vision so much that Kirishima ended up having to park behind an abandoned building where they continued what they were doing in the alleyway.

"Tooru!"

》》》》

A/N: Yes, I'm robbing you guys of a good lemon.