Shira loses

Mitchum Huntzberger had finally arrived and came quietly. He hid in the corner as Caro and Logan were talking. Mitchum had dated plenty of  girls but had only married Shira when she found she was pregnant with their first child, Honor Shira Huntzberger. Mitchum had been in a far more serious relationship with Rebecca Coates, a person who Mitchum saw in Caro.  He often wonders about Rebecca. Last he saw of her was him chucking a shoe at him as he announced the end of their relationship and his engagement. 

"You remind me of--" Mitchum said in a very authoritative manner "Rebecca Coates- no Rebecca De Mevius. She and I were friends. "

Shira knew of Rebecca. Hell, Shira felt as though Rebecca was still looming in their marriage. Caroline Gilmore was the ghost of the women that she (Shira) wished and hoped to be.  

Caroline and Logan focused on each other. It turned out to be awkward because Caro had figured out, Shira was undeniably in the corner stewing over the injustices of life. 

"I can't believe him," Logan said as soon as Caro and Logan left. 

"It really pissed your mom off. Rebecca Coates is still bothering her." 

Caro and Logan exchanged a look that said so much without saying a word. 

"Do you have Rebecca Coates?" 

"No, I don't! You know me."

"I do." 

Caro leaned in and so did Logan. They kissed outside of the Huntzberger Mansion.  Josh and Honor were amazed that Caro and Logan were being so affectionate, Shira was smoking like a chimney, Mitchum was in his office, and Elias was reading. 

Logan and Caro drove to Yale, talking about all the crazy and the fact that Logan knew Caro was about to face Shira's anger.

"Why can't she talk to your dad? Hell, divorce him! He must know what he is doing. She could potentially find somebody of an equal moneyed status who could be better." Caro stated. 

"I don't know. This has been going on for years.. so Richard and Emily..."

"Oh shit... I forgot to tell them that we are going to your parents. My grandparents are going to have a connipition over the fact I was supposed to tell them before I went with you.. Are you free next week..?" 

Logan could see Caro's point of view having known Emily and Richard for a long time.

"We should arrange the dinner." Logan stated. 

\