3.Roses and Diamond

3

"what can I do for you, sir?" My voice was high in bravery even though my heart was beating out of my chest.

"Be my wife"
____

Oh, sure. When should I join, sir?

No.

No.

I won't be your wife. Why should I be your wife?

For a new generation? To carry your horrific trade or to even have your dirty blood running through my children's veins?

To please your friends and the media waiting to pounce on your private life?

Why? Why exactly do you want me?

All these questions laid at the top of my tongue but they never came out. My mouth felt sour and my tongue too heavy to form words. Why am I struck?

Without the consent of my own will I said. The reply that could change my whole life. The three letter word. I said.

"Yes, mister....?" I trailed on to catch a name that would rattle his play and would make my job easier. His name. His identity. A name for me to blame on.

"It's sir for you, nothing more." He spat in arrogance. I tilted my head, training my eyes on his blue orbs.

"I'll be ever thankful to address you by sir than your name. So, let me gratefully fulfil your divine wishes by showing you great respect and maintaining your dignity and reputation by mentioning you as only sir." I spat through gritted teeth. All those words left my mouth more snarky than meant. I clearly wanted no offence. Just maybe some. To teach him I can speak.

"Come" he commanded. Not requested but ordered right at my face. He pulled me by my arm and turned me around when I stood there disobeying his words for seconds.

A dark cloth covered my eyes and the warm glow of the sun was blocked away. Darkness crept in my vision and i became blind.

I was walking now with a hand guiding me behind the small of my back. "Stairs" he warned. My hearing had became very sensitive as I couldn't see anything and all I could focus on was his voice. His touch on my back.

Covering my eyes so I couldn't see the location. So that I won't even know where I am. Basic criminal mind thought.

After a bit of walking around I was seated in a cushioned chair, I suppose, which was fluffy and comfortable to sit on.

My blindfold was removed and the artificial light struck my eyes within the chance and I was blinded.

A goddamn tall chandelier hanging from the middle of the hall. A table that could hold more than a couple dozen people. The head seat shining like a throne. The walls were dark green with golden veils draping around just like my dungeon. There were glasses of rich red wine that would cost hardly my both kidneys and paintings that creeped me out. It was paintings of people from different eras and it felt like everyone in the canvas was watching my every move. The white table cloth was empty save the mirror like plates and the wine glasses.

Beside me was my sir. Looking regal and elegant in his attire. He had wore a white shirt and black suit and tie. Without any warning he nonchalantly slid a hand on my thigh and the touch sent butterflies fluttering all over. Heat rose to my cheek before I could control. It's a typical and mundane reaction for me when I was treated with a particularly hot man's touch. I hated it. I hate my hormones.

I would escape this horrible nightmare. I would never stay here merely listening to his words and controlled by commands. But now, surviving was all that did matter and I was trying hard to do. To survive the side of this world branded as illegal and plagued by unwanted bloodsheds and sweet, melodic lies. Not to be a victim but to be a spy. To lure them out and expose them to the outer world and make them face the reality. Make them face the consequences for doing this to me. He'll pay. They all will.

This side of our world was filled with a bunch of assholes raping kids. Harrassing and abusing them. Another world were family were rivals and no one to call friends. Where love came with a punishment and hate came with every step you take forward. And what am I doing?

Exploring the bomb mine.

The phantom touch still lingered. His warm skin on my lap. The hall was empty saved me and him. His hand moved up and his fingers trailed on my knuckles on the hand that was fisted on my lap and gently caressed it and lifted it. I looked at him. His azure eyes finding mine. He was brewing up a plan, I could say as his eyes were dark in thought and his features pulled up into a tight frown.

"We met at my company at the time when you was attending the interview for my PA. And if someone ask you your job say that you're my personal assistant." I nodded, following his line of the story in fright of my life. "We both fell in love before 2 months and took things slow until I proposed. We got engaged two weeks ago. Fine?" And again, I nodded.

"It's a dinner with my family, amore. A family of snakes. You have to be elegant and spotless of any mistakes- Chin high. Shoulders stiff. Backbones erect. Watch your words. Don't speak unless spoken to."

"Each and every step should be taken with caution when you're near them. Don't fall for their traps, Ella."

Ella. The name my mother used to call me. No one knows that. She never called by my name. Said that, "Camila doesn't suits you, sweety. It's a shame that your filthy drunk dad named you and I didn't even had a chance"

My past awoke traumas in my mind whenever I thought about it and I shut my eyes to chase them away.

Deep breaths.

In.

Out.

I opened my eyes and he squeezed my palm before sliding a diamond ring to it.
My throat squeezed tight. We were not married. Just engaged. But eventually....I will be the wife of a scoundrel. A murderer. A reaper. The devil.

"Put the ring on" just another demand. Did he know that my life was on his hands. "I have one condition." I said. "Spit it out." With an instant i got his response i marked out.

"Promise me that you'll protect me with your life"

With that one condition and his answering nod, the cold material of the ring decorated my ring finger. It fitted perfectly as if it was made for me.

Was this how my love life will end? Won't I get a chance to love or to be loved? Is this fate?

I wanted my engagement to be epic, my fiance to be perfect for me. Someone I chose on accord to my own will.

I looked down at the expensive piece of jewelry on my finger.

The diamond in the centre shone with pride as my heart sank in sorrow.

A question still lingered on my mind. Wandering. I asked.

"DO I HAVE READERS?"

- Aloysius