𝔑𝔢𝔴 ℭ𝔬𝔫𝔫𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡

Since that encounter with Sesshōmaru, she'd been going to the same spot at which she officially met him, and having him come over since then, you could basically say they've become acquainted with each other.

On this day, Kagome was in Edo village, sitting with Sango, having Kirara laying in between them, Shippo sleeping on Kagome's lap, Miroku outside and Inuyasha at only Kami knows where. "Ne, Kagome," Sango called out to her, "hm?" Kagome replied, awaiting to hear what her friend needed, "I noticed you've been going out more lately, and you never really told me what happened few weeks ago when you told me you were going to look for Inuyasha, so mind telling me what happened? Because that's when you randomly going out at night started."

"Ummm, well that night when I went to look for Inuyasha, I found him by the Goshinboku tree, but then-" before Kagome could finish her statement, Miroku came in with an unreadable expression written on his face, so Sango asked "hm? Miroku? What happened, what's up with your face?" Miroku looked at them, "oh, uhhh...Inuyasha is back and said to call you two, said that he has an announcement to make.." Miroku said to them, "Inuyasha? Announcement? Since when?" Kagome asked, clearly confused, as the said hanyō was not one to call a meeting, "that's what I thought as well. But let's go see what it is he wants to say."

They all went to where Inuyasha was and saw him standing at the entrance of the forest with someone..
.
.
.
Kikyo...

"Inuyasha? What's going on, and what's Kikyo doing here?" Kagome asked the hanyō who had just been disgustingly affectionate with the said  Miko, "umm, right, so I see you guys are all here." Inuyasha started, "so, I wanted to let you all know that, from today onwards, Kikyo will be a part of our group." He finished, which shocked everyone, "Why? I mean, what do we need her for?" Shippo asked, only to get an unbelievable reply, "Well you see squirt, Kikyo is more skilled than Kagome, and I need her by my side." Inuyasha said with pride, as he wrapped his arms around Kikyo's shoulders, pulling her close to himself, to which she giggled like a middle school teenage girl after her boyfriend bought her a pack of Maynard's that barely cost M15/M25.

"So are you comparing me to her, Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, feeling a rush of pain and betrayal flow through her system again after the discovery a few weeks ago (3½ weeks ago) "So what if I am Kagome, what are you gonna do anyway? Complain? Like the whiney little wench you are?! Cuz that's all you ever do" Inuyasha yelled a Kagome, "HEY! Don't yell at Kagome!" Shippo yelled at Inuyasha, "Shuddup will ya, squirt!?" Inuyasha screamed at Shippo, glaring at him only for him to glare back. "But you really can't fight the truth Kagome, I am better than you, besides you're merely just my reincarnation, nothing more, so I can do everything you can, but better" Kikyo taunted Kagome, "...Uh-huh, sure, but one thing I'm surely better than you at doing, Kikyo, is being alive, having flesh and necessary organs and knowing how to use them without the aid of flying worms..madam walking clay pot zombie.." Kagome retorted bitterly back at her, and without any word, leaving that area and into the forest.

Having been a few minutes walking into the dense forest, she reached her destination and slouched down the tree, the very same tree at which she cried on a few weeks prior, the very same tree at which she met Sesshōmaru.

As she sat there, she replayed the events that unfolded before her retina a few moments earlier. Unknowingly, tears fell down her face as she replayed them over and over, she only realised that when she felt a hand cup her cheek, wiping the stray tear that had fallen from her left eye.

Looking up at the owner of the hand, she is met with golden eyes, ones she had gotten used to and had grown fond of in these past few weeks, it was Sesshōmaru. "Kagome, why do you cry?" He asked as he continued to wipe away the tears that had drifted from her electric blue eyes, "Sesshōmaru...am I just nothing more than Kikyo's reincarnation? Am I obligated to do as people expect of me as Kikyo's reincarnation? Do I need to be her to fit into this place...do I stop being Kagome just to prove myself...I even look like her for Kami's sake! She even compared me to herself after her boyfriend Inuyasha started it! She said she can do everything I can but better and she's right!" She cried out; the girl was in pain, and Sesshōmaru saw that and that awoke some tremors from within him, ones that he knew not what they were, but they somehow made him enraged, worried and even somewhat pained—it was as if he shared her pain and that he could feel it.