three

ROWAN

After dinner, I headed back up to my room because today had worn me out which was surprising. In reality, we really didn't do too much, nothing like what I would have been doing at volleyball camp. I wanted to take a quick shower before bed so I scrambled to get my pajamas. Steven must have been in the shower currently because I could hear him singing super loudly.

I noticed Belly stop in the hallway before peaking her head into my room. "I'm going for a night swim then watching a movie with my mom and Susannah. It's the first night tradition, want to join?"

I looked over to the alarm clock which read 8:45 PM. It was still early and as exhausted as I was, I figured a few more hours wouldn't kill me.

"Sure, I'm going to shower quickly," I replied and with that, she took off.

I sat down on the bed, pulling out my phone so I could scroll through Instagram. I noticed I had a few notifications and once they finally loaded they were all from Jeremiah.

@jeremiahfisher followed you

@jeremiahfisher and 210 others liked your photo

@jeremiahfisher and 306 others liked your photo

I clicked on the photo he liked and it was a  throwback picture of Belly and me at the fair. We were both holding a chocolate ice cream cone, half of it on our hands and arms and the other half around our lips. We both had the biggest smiles on our faces. I posted this picture for her birthday last year with the caption -

"I love you more than I love chocolate ice cream - jk, happy birthday, Bells"

I then clicked on the next photo he liked and it was an action picture of me playing volleyball. The picture was taken right before I spiked the ball. It had a caption of -

"This sport has my whole heart"

I followed Jeremiah back, but before I could look at his pictures I noticed him walking out of the bathroom. He was dressed up in a Hawaiian print button-down shirt. Before he walked right past my door he peaked his head in just like Belly did.

"Are you staying with the moms or coming to the bonfire tonight?"

Oh right, the bonfire that the creepy gas station guy invited Belly to. We haven't had a chance to talk about it yet so I just shrugged my shoulders at Jeremiah.

"I'll have to ask Bells. I think we might be staying with the moms. Some movie night or something?" I arched my eyebrow, not really sure if I was even allowed to leave without Laurel's approval.

Jeremiah frowned. "Well, if you change your mind, here's my phone number." He started to hand his phone to me, but all I could think about was how sly he was.

As he handed me his phone our fingers brushed against each other for a brief second causing my fingertips to tingle. I brushed off that feeling, typing in my information and sending myself a text so I would have his number.

"Awesome, I'll be waiting." He sent me a smile and walked out.

I took a deep breath, hoping it would calm me down, but it didn't help.

Why didn't Belly warn me about him?

——————

As I was about to head downstairs to go watch the movie with the moms, I met Belly in the hallway. She had a sad look on her face. I squinted my eyebrows at her and followed her back into her room.

"No movie?" I asked.

"No, I'm just so sick of the boys always making me feel like I'm a child. I'm literally almost sixteen. Also, Conrad and I were talking by the pool and something just felt different." She sighed, sitting down on her bed. I did the same, crossing my legs so I was sitting crisscrossed.