002: New Universe... New Me

Aria stood in her room looking into her full length mirror

Aria stood in her room looking into her full length mirror. The young Stark had a spontaneous moment the night before and decided to add a few strands of pink to her hair. She had gone to the store,  brought some new clothes and some pink hair dye.
Aria looked at herself, her clothes and hair up and down before sighing.
"New universe... New me." Aria tells herself.
Aria takes one last look at herself before going over to her bed, grabbing her bag and making her way downstairs for breakfast.
"Woah. Your hair." Clint says.
"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Uncle Clint." Aria says sarcastically.
"It looks great, sweetie. It really suits you. So does these new clothes." Pepper tells her step daughter, causing the young girl to smile.
"Thanks, Pepper." Aria says.
"Come on, kid. You're gonna be late for school." Happy says, grabbing the keys to the limo.
"Okay. Bye guys." Aria says.
Aria pulls her backpack more onto her shoulder, as she sends the group a wave as she follows Happy out of the tower.

~~~~~

Aria grabs her food before walking over to the table where Peter, Ned and Gwen were sitting. Since her talk with Peter a couple weeks earlier,  she had once again become close with the group.
"Hey guys." Aria says, placing her tray on the table.
"Hey Ari." Gwen says, as Aria takes her bag off before sitting down next to her.
"Your hair!" Ned shouts, causing a few people to look at them.
"Kind of a spontaneous moment." Aria says, with a laugh, as she pushes a pink strand of her behind her ear.
"It's looks amazing." Peter tells her.
"Thanks." Aria says, before cursing under her breath.
"Everything okay?" Gwen asks.
"I forgot to get a drink. I'm going to go to the vending machine. I'll be back." Aria says.

As Aria was walking back to the table she runs into Liz Allen.
"Wait? Aria Beckett?" Liz asks, before letting out a laugh. "I almost didn't recognise you."
"Shame." Aria says, before whispering "Shame you didn't." Under her breath.
"So what's with the new look?" Liz asks.
"Just wanted to try something new. Why? Is there a problem with it?" Aria asks.
"No. Not at all. Looks nice. Would suit me better. But it suits you great as well." Liz says, causing Aria to slightly scoff.
"Thanks, Liz." Aria says.
Aria then turns on her heels and walks back to the table.
"What did Liz have to say to you this time?" Gwen questions.
Ever since Aria had come to the school, Liz and Aria had never got along. Everyone knew it was because Liz felt threatened by how quickly Aria had become well liked in at school.
"Just wanted to comment on my hair." Aria answers, taking her first bite of her food.
"Was it positive or negative?" Peter asks.
"A bit of both." Aria says, before her phone goes off.
'I'm here to pick you up. A emergency has come up and the team need your help.- Happy'
"I got to go. Family emergency. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Aria says, standing up and grabbing her bag.
"See you tomorrow." Ned says.
Aria gives them a wave and blows them a joking kiss before leaving.

~~~~~

LAGOS...

Aria and Wanda sat at a table outside a cafe. Wanda had camp on, while Aria had pulled her hood to her jacket, which was under her leather jacket, up.
"All right. What do you see?" Steve asks the two girls over the radio.
"Standard beat cops." Wanda answers.
"Small station. Quite street." Aria adds. "It's a good target."
"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve asks.
"Cameras." Wanda says.
"Both cross streets are one way." Steve adds.
"So compromised escape routes." Aria says.
"Which means our guy isn't afraid of being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." Steve says. "You see that Range Rover up the block?"
"Yeah. The red one?" Wanda asks.
"It's cute." Aria says, tilting her head slightly.
"It's also bulletproof. Which means private security, which means more guns." Natasha says, over the radio."which means more headaches for somebody, probably us."
"Way to be optimistic, Nat." Aria jokes.
"You guys know we can move things with our minds right?" Wanda asks, referring to her and Aria.
"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha says, causing Aria to look at her over her shoulder.
"Anybody tell you your a little paranoid?" Sam asks, over the radio.
"Not to my face, why?" Nat asks. "Did you hear something?"
"Eyes on the target, folks." Steve says.
"Okay, grandpa." Aria jokes, leaning back in her chair.
"I'm serious, Aria." Steve tells her. "It's the best lead we've had on Rumlow in the past six months. I don't want to lose him."
"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." Sam says.
"Sam, you see that garbage truck. Tag it." Steve tells him.
Sam then used which 'sidekick' Redwing to follow the garbage truck in question.
"Give me x-Ray." Sam says. "That's trucks loaded for max weight. The drivers armed."
"It's a battering ram." Natasha says.
"Go now." Steve orders.
"What?" Wanda asks.
"He's not hitting the police." Aria says.
Aria stands up, throwing off her leather jacket as well as her hooded jacket revealing her battle suit.

Aria runs to hide behind a wall, as Wanda stays at the table confused.
"Body armour, AR-15s. I make seven hostiles." Steve says, after taking out a few guys.
"I make five." Sam says, looking down at a guy he had just shot.
Aria and Wanda then fly down using their powers. While Wanda makes a shield with her powers, Aria grabs the guy using hers.
"Sam." Aria says, before using her powers to throw the guy to Sam.
Sam flies down and catches him knocking him out before throwing him to the floor.
"Four." Sam says, before Redwings scans the building they were by. "Rumlow's on the third floor."
"Aria, just like we practiced." Steve says.
"What about the gas?" Wanda asks.
"Get it out." Steve says.
Aria uses her powers to get Steve to the third floor before helping Wanda get the gas out of the building.
"How's it going in there, Steve?" Aria asks, after Sam had set of two missiles.
"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve replies.
"I'm on it." Natasha says.
Natasha then pulls up on her bike before taking out a few guys. Steve gets shot at from outside of the building before he jumps out of it at the end.
"Sam. He's in an AFV heading north." Steve tells him.
"I got four. They're splitting up." Sam says.
"I got the two on the left." Natasha says.
"The ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload." Steve says.

After a lot of fighting from Steve, Natasha and Sam, Aria and Wanda get all the gas out the building. Aria quickly flies of and finds Steve talking to Rumlow.
"And your coming with me." Rumlow says.
Before Rumlow could press the device in his hands, Aria used her powers. Steve looks back at her, as Aria throws Rumlow away from Steve. Wanda joins her, taking over from Aria, who runs over to her uncle.
"You okay?" Aria asks, causing Steve to nod.
"Are you?" Steve asks, causing Aria to also nod. "Good."
Wanda then uses her powers to throw Rumlow into the building, causing the part she threw him into to explode.
"Sam, we need Fire and Rescue, one the south side of the building." Steve says. "We gotta get up there."