Chapter Two

I walked into Andrew's room holding a large bowl of popcorn. Tonight was our annual movie night. Normally we get together every Friday for movie night but with everyone's busy schedules we haven't had time to hang out. It's a relief being able to unwind and relax. Especially with the recent training we've been doing. Sure our training has always been grueling, but recently it's been more rigorous. I sat down on the couch in between Andrew and Roman. They're a pain in the ass at times, but I'd kill anyone who'd try to harm them. Same for my sisters Ely, Bre, and Shakhruza. They are the only family I have left. None of us can remember anything about our father… and our mother. Well I don't remember much from her death.

"Shy!!, can you pass the popcorn please." Ely shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh, oh yea sorry," i reply handing her the bowl

"It's cool but for the sake of your sanity get out of your own head for a while." she responded, her voice filled with concern.

I nod and face the tv. While I was making popcorn, they decided on Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors for the first movie and Scream for the second. As time passed, I felt myself start to ease up more, it was relaxing being around people who really cared for me.  My phone buzzed so instinctively I looked at it, it was a text from Aston. I decided to ignore it and continued to watch the movie until my phone buzzed several more times. I let out an annoyed sigh as i picked up the phone, it was Aston again this time i decided to open the messages.

Aston🌚: SHY
Aston🌚: SHYYYYY
Aston🌚:SHY SERIOUSLY THIS IS URGENT

Hey, watching a movie right now, what's up?

Just watch this video. It's about you and your siblings.

My interest now piqued. I didn't even text back. I grabbed the remote and paused the movie. Everyone looked at me with confusion. Andrew joked, "if you had to pee we would've paused it for you."

"What, no Aston sent me this video he said it had something to do with us, I don't know man I just need to connect my phone to your tv." I responded

They exchanged glances of confusion. "Who's Aston again?" Ely questioned

"My friend from the other night" I responded with slight irritation in my voice.

"Oh the guy that's obviously into shakhruza." Bre jokes

"I told him it was obvious, in all seriousness though let's see what this is about." I replied

I connected my phone to the tv and played the video. Our school's logo flashed on screen prompting a response from Roman. "There's no way we turned our movie off for his video to be from the school's news."

"Look if he's blowing up my phone it has to be important." I replied

"Good evening students." the women on the screen spoke. We all paused in disbelief, Bre spoke in utter shock "holy shit, Maeve's never on the news this is serious.

Maeve was not only our principal but the 5th chair on the council. She's the best tech hero in the world so if she's doing the announcement's this is important.

Maeve cleared her throat and continued speaking "most of you know the annual exhibition is rapidly approaching. And not only is the date of the exhibition growing closer by the minute, my fellow council members will be attending. Now this year's combatants are some of the most talented students at Aurora academy, so to the following students congratulations on this once in a lifetime occasion. Shyheim,Eliana,Bre'onyi,Andrew,Shakhruza,and Roman morningstar.  Daniel and Amaya Hernadez, Aston Carter III, Jessica White, Jasmine Green, and last but not least Liam Henry. That's all, enjoy your evening students."