Date Dinner

"Don't be so lame!" I complained as I tugged on his sleeve.

Loki exhaled in annoyance and rolled his eyes. "It won't run away."

"I know that! But you missed something." I behaved like a little kid who could not wait to arrive at the destination.

"For not eating there?" I nodded my head eagerly. With a bright smile, I grabbed his hand and walked energetically in front of him. I could only drag him with me because he allowed it and didn't work against me.

A slight giggle reached my ears, and I looked over my shoulder back at him. In curiosity, I raised my eyebrow at the raven-haired man. He just shrugged his free hand and responded, "It's just cute seeing you like this. So happy and cheerful." His sapphire eyes met mine. "The complete opposite of how you were before; it is nice." A gentle smile rested on his face.

I stopped without warning, and he almost ran into me. He stood right in front of me, and I could smell the cologne he put on. Is this the one I gave him as a present? For a split second, a quick but real smile formed on my face before I laid my hands on his chest. „I am not different from before! Still the same old Sylvie – standing in front of you." I straightened my back, got even closer to him, and looked at the man as a proud expression adorned my face.

Lokis face came closer to mine as he raised his eyebrow. "You sure?"

My heart fluttered at the sight of him. A warm feeling – like thousands of butterflies – arose in my gut. I got lost in his eyes before I stepped back.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest, and an amazed expression glared at him. "Yeah!"

I started thinking about it. He spoke the truth—I had changed a lot. I learned from my past mistakes how to deal with things properly; not just trying to kill everything and everyone.

I also started to trust, something I thought I could never do, or at least never do again. Once – as a child – I trusted my parents, the guards protecting the castle I lived in, and the Asgardians. I truly trusted them. But on that one day, as the TVA came, took me away from my home, and tried to prune me; I lost all my trust in people. I almost hated them all. I truly wanted to crush them like a nasty bug crawling around in the house – an intruder who wasn't allowed to exist.

I also admitted to Loki that I cannot sit with my back to the door out of fear that something terrible will happen. I still can't do it. I tried it one time at a vinyl shop... but the whole universe started to spaghettify... The thought alone sent shivers down my spine. I am still tensing up and almost losing my nerves – except when Loki takes my hand in his. Feeling his warmth helps me relax a little bit. I don't know how I deserve him, but he is the best thing that could have happened.

It's kind of a fun story: I tried to kill him when we first met. And this idiot? He started to like me.

"How do you even love someone as broken as me?" I asked this question out loud, and it took Loki by surprise. A startled look laid on his face as he grabbed my hands in his. "You may be broken, darling. But look around us." His eyes scanned our environment, and I did the same.

Confused, I inspected the few people who passed us.

An old lady, maybe 70 years old, wore – in my eyes – granny-like clothing. Next to her was an old man. His back was formed like a shrimp, but nonetheless, the woman gave him a playful slap on the shoulder, exclaiming, "Oh, Patrice!" Even more wrinkles formed around her eyes while she giggled.

There was also a young couple. They laughed about a joke her boyfriend had told. As I looked closer, I saw some scars on her arms.

My eyes continued to wander. Two men were standing there, kissing and hugging each other tightly. Other people were watching them with disgusted eyes – still, they smiled into the kiss.