Ch. 1: Along Came a Spider...

[New York City – Earth-1610]

The still blackness of the alley suddenly erupted into brilliant scarlet as the spider-man's claws sliced through thin air, revealing a radiant portal. Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man 2099, professionally) stepped out into the unseasonably hot air of Mott Haven, his presence charging the already potent aura of danger that clung to the rough area. Another day, another patrol. Since the death of Peter Parker, Earth-1610 had been left without its protector – just one of Miguel's many headaches involving this dimension – and the Spider Society leader felt drawn to the place.

Maybe he felt sorry for the people of E-1610. Maybe he wanted to keep a close eye on this dimension. Two things can be true at once.

Silently, Miguel webbed through the darkened streets of the borough. He'd seen a million versions of it. Crime on every corner. Not many dared to be out after dark and those that wandered were looking for trouble. That's where he came in.

Miguel's intel revealed that the exchange going down between two prominent crime families tonight was especially large. Big money changing hands for an even bigger pile of narcotics. Best case scenario, the area was again flooded with drugs and all the misery that followed. Worst case scenario, some thug tried to pull a fast one and these tightly packed apartments full of families found themselves in the middle of a war zone. He didn't care for either option and was here to make sure that none of it happened.

"LYLA?" Miguel paged back to headquarters, "Got anything for me?"

The friendly cadence of his AI assistant chirped back in reply, "Two factions moving in. Looks to be about 10 guys per party. They're definitely strapped and they've definitely brought the cash. I see one armored car and an entire vehicle cavalcade to go with it. You've got about 15 minutes to get into position. You want backup?"

"I've got it handled." Just as he dismissed LYLA, a flicker of movement in the distance caught Miguel's eye. A small figure hauling ass across the rooftops, headed in the same direction as he was. Miguel strained to catch a glimpse, but the figure was staying low and keeping to the shadows. A pro.

"Should be interesting." Miguel muttered to himself as he lined up his next web.

********************

Felicia Hardy (or, as she was known in New York City's underbelly, Black Cat) silently entered the warehouse through an open skylight, scoping out the best vantage point. Tonight's score promised to be huge. A couple of million to hold her over, if she presumed correctly.

Best case scenario, the deal went off without a hitch and her biggest challenge would be breaking into an armored car. Worst case scenario, the scene went sour and she'd have to find a way to pluck the payload out of all that chaos.

Personally, she could go for a little bit of chaos.

********************

There you are.

Shrouded in darkness and obscured by industrial ventilation, Miguel finally got a good look at his fellow nightcrawler. She was creeping along the outer edge of the building, scoping out a hiding spot of her own. A black suit (Is that leather?) clung to her body like a second skin... and what a body it was.

Otherworldly platinum hair, almost white, spilled down her back. Her countenance was severe and the angles of her face harsh... but there was no denying she was a knockout. God help him, Miguel's eyes fixed on the slow rise and fall of her chest as she pressed herself against a far wall. Her body was a finely tuned fighting machine – long slender legs, powerful thighs, and a tight ass (fuck), with the long muscles of her lean torso and back rippling under her suit. But those full tits were all woman. The only softness to her, straining against the confinement of her suit.