The cafe meeting

Sam's POV

I watched the scenery going past and was feeling the nervousness rushing through me. I wondered what she would say to us? To me? She didn't want to be part of this world, she wanted to leave the supernatural behind her and move on. I didn't want to drag her back into it, but it looked like fate had a different path for her anyway.

We had just gotten back into town and we're almost back at the bunker when Dean switched on the police radio to listen for anything that would come across the talk as a red flag demon wise, but we didn't hear anything. That was until we heard that Detective Y/L/N was going to be attending a scene in an alleyway not too far from the police department. It was an attack victim that had died from a wound on the neck, massive blood loss.

Dean had glanced over at me, but I didn't know if it was because he thought it was a vampire attack, or if maybe it was because of Y/N? Doesn't matter, either way I will be seeing her again soon.

I felt excited by the prospect that I would be seeing Y/N again, but I wasn't sure how she was going to handle seeing me. She had told me on the phone that she didn't want to be part of this world, but we couldn't just leave her as the police were being possessed around her. I knew she wasn't possessed, but Dean needed more proof than me telling him that she wasn't possessed because I thought that the demon would have tried to stay friends with me, at the least.

"So, Y/N" Dean said pulling me from my thoughts.

Turning to him I frowned, "What about her?"

"You still think she's not possessed?"

"She wasn't possessed when she called me, and I'm hoping she is still ok."

Dean turned to me, his smile mischievous as he said, "Yeah, I bet" then he looked back at the road.

"Come on Dean, we've talked about this."

"I know, but maybe that's what the demon wants you to think."

"What do you mean? Are you saying she is possessed, and the demon spoke to me? I think I'd know."

"You don't know her that well Sam."

I shook my head, "No, demons aren't that smart, why would it end our friendship if they could use Y/N to get closer to me?" I realised I was just giving Dean more fuel to use against me, so I added, "I mean us?"

Dean huffed out a laugh, "No you were right the first time., You, she wants to get close to you."

"No, she doesn't " I said, trying to shrug off the thought that she would be interested in me.

"Come off it Sam, I saw the way you two were eying each other" Dean shot me a quick humorous look before turning back to the road in front of him, "I think that's why she chose you from the crowd that first day."

"What? Don't be ridiculous."

He chuckled, "Oh, it's not ridiculous, it's the truth."

No. It wasn't right. Y/N wouldn't be interested in me. She told me as much when she said she didn't want to be involved in the supernatural and our world. I understood, if anyone had a choice they wouldn't want to be involved in this craziness, but now there was no choice for her. The police station was being taken over by demons, how long was she going to be safe before one of those things shoved their way down her throat? I had to tell her, bring her into our world and part of me was angry that it had to happen, but the other was happy that she would know and maybe be a part of our lives?

Dean parked the Impala a couple of blocks away as we didn't want anyone seeing us arriving as I had already caused that problem at the last crime scene when Y/N called me under the tape to ask me questions. I was just happy that Dean had had his suit on already as he was canvasing the area without me. I had told him that I was going to investigate something, and I had stopped at the scene and been caught.