four

late february.
eunji pov

"maybe we should just stay here for a bit.."

eunji turned around and looked at gyuvin without saying anything.

"what?" he asked. she smiled, making him add, "feel better?"

although she still wanted to go home and cry into a pillow, she did feel better because of him. however, she also didn't want him to worry about her when he had the boys planet eliminations to be preoccupied about instead. so she tried to act more cheerful. 

eunji tapped him on the nose and giggled. "boop!"

gyuvin cracked a smile and shook his head. "you're so weird."

she grabbed his face and squished his cheeks. "yes, you silly, i do feel better."

"hey," he said, getting more serious. "only hanbin is allowed to squish me!"

"too bad-"

"oh my god, you guys have to see this." a condescending voice said from outside the practice room. eunji froze, her smile fading, and several giggles followed the silence.

"take a photo of them!" a second voice laughed. eunji heard the sound of a camera shutter. 

narrowing her eyes, she quickly stood up and slammed opened the door, only to hear even more obnoxious giggles. "what are you doing?" she asked calmly. 

to her surprise, it was yuxi, hyewon, jiyeon, three of the girls she had wanted to get closer to, and choi bora.

yuxi snickered. "why are you and gyuvin holding hands?"

eunji looked down at their entwined hands. she hadn't even realized that she was holding his hand, but he made no move to let go, so she didn't either. unfazed, she retorted, "why is that any of your business?"

"no way you two are dating-" bora widened her eyes, and eunji cut her off. "we're not. delete that photo."

"umm, we're literally friends." hyewon frowned. "what's wrong with taking a photo of your friends?" 

"you can't even see your face in it," bora defended. "you can only see that it's gyuvin and a girl." jiyeon nodded.

"if you were my friend, you'd know damn well what kind of trouble that photo could cause." eunji said. "please just delete it."

"we don't even like each other like that," gyuvin laughed. 

"exactly," eunji agreed. "i literally like someone else."

"babe, it's not that big of a deal. it's just a fun little pic." hyewon insisted. bora chimed in, "i don't know why you're so pressed about this."

"right, like..." yuxi laughed. "i thought you were chill. i even wanted to be friends with you."

eunji turned to look at her. "babe, i thought you were chill too, until you started hanging out with bora and acting different because of boys planet."

"what the fuck did i do?" bora asked indignantly. 

"just delete the stupid photo," gyuvin complained. "don't be weird."