CHAPTER 1

The chill of the autumn weather permeated the air, a reminder of the approaching winter and the end of the season's warmth. The fog of late autumn hung heavily in the air, blanketing the city in a mysterious mist that seemed to dance with every breath. The people of the city walked with their heads down and their coats pulled tight against the cold of the season, hurrying to their destinations and eager to find protection from the elements.

The air was filled with the smell of cigars and cigarettes, a lingering scent that hung in the air like a fog. The room was dark, lit only by the faint glow of a lamp that stood in the corner, the shadows casted by the light only adding more mystery to the atmosphere. The sound of rustling papers and muffled voices coming from behind the closed doors was a stark contrast to the stillness in the rest of the room. Among the few individuals present was a man in a suit, his tie resting gently against his chest as he read his newspaper and took a drag of his cigar.

The man in the suit was a sight to behold, towering over his subordinates and instilling a sense of authority that commanded respect.His broad shoulders and muscled frame suggesting a strength both physical and mental. His chiseled features were accentuated by his clean-shaven face, giving him a certain air of intimidation. His coal black hair was slicked back, his piercing green eyes scanning the newspaper in his hands with a practiced ease,a thick cigar firmly gripped between his fingers as he took a long drag from it, letting out a thick cloud of smoke.

"Sorry to bother you, boss, but we have some news about Miss Katherine." The man's voice rang through the air, snapping the gangster out of his thoughts.
"Oh?" the gangster replied, turning to face the man.
"Seems like she's agreed to meet ya, boss. Said she's ready to take you up on your offer." The man shrugged as he spoke, his tone implying that he had been expecting this outcome.
"Well done, Tony." the gangster said, smiling at the man's response. "I knew she'd accept, sooner or later."

The gangster let out a puff of smoke as he took another drag from his cigar, his expression one of satisfaction. "Have the boys prepare the car," he instructed Tony. "And tell Miss Katherine that I'll be over shortly. I want to get this over with, and I can't wait to make her mine."
He turned away from Tony and went back to reading his newspaper, taking another drag from his cigar. He was finally going to be with the woman he loved, and nothing could stand in his way.

The car stopped infront of a white cottage near those big grey dried maple tree , he walked towards her house crunching those dried leaves on the ground. He entered without pressing those door bells as if the place is his own.
He slid the white translucent curtains of the room , to find his ladylove observing out those glass windows , he called her in a low gentle. "Katherine"

Katherine on being called turned back to find her love of her life , even if her mind was troubled knowing he had connection in the underground world or he was a borderline criminal, her love for him was so immense that it made her blind about the consequences and dangers she can face being close to him.

"Alexander" she exclaimed in excitement, a bright smile formed on her face , she ran towards him to be welcomed by a warm hug. Alexander wrapped his muscular arms around her body and twirl her around in ease as she was shorter than him , as he stopped , he kissed her forehead as she was the most precious being to him even above the fame, power and wealth he had. They both chuckled looking at each other with love and affection, he carried her in bridal style and sat on the rocking chair placing her on his lap.

"My sweet Katherine" , he said in gentle tone while sliding her hair from her face to her ear.
"My love, I know you're still not sure about us but trust me ,till I'm alive I won't let anything happen to you, you're the most pressing thing to me" he said while holding her hand tightly and kissing it, Katherine on the words gave a faint smile and looked down in worry and doubt, she spoke in low anxious tone, "Alexander, you know how much I love you , from the day you saved my life till today and forever, I want to spend my whole life with you , want to have a family with you but.."