chapter 3

I look briefly past the pair and catch a glimpse of two boys, clearly arguing. The 'leader' has his arms folded, his face set in a stern way, the boy standing opposite him is frequently waving his arms about, next banging his index finger against his palm and occasionally gesturing in my direction. 

A thunderous thudding sound, one after an another echoes across the glade, making me wince.

"It's only the lunch bell, i'll take you there now... Newt, you coming or you gonna wait for Alby?" Minho questions. 

Newt what an odd name... isnt  a newt some sort of slimy lizard that lives in swamp? Why would you name your son Newt?

" I'll catch you both up, tell Fry to save me a plate, will you? I want to have a word with Alby after Gally's gone" Newt answers.

I nod, Minho begins to wander away and I have to quicken my pace to match his large strides.

"Why do you call this place a glade?" I ask, I have millions of questions surging through my mind but I pick this particular one because it seems sensible.

Minho looks sideways at me, expectantly and only shrugs his shoulders

"Dunno" he mutters simply. 

"Can you remember your life before this place?" I stare at Minho, needing an answer for at least one of my questions.

"No" he replies blandly.

"You aren't much help, are you?" I suppress a laugh.

"Look, hotstuff" he pauses, suddenly stops walking and turns to face me.

" You'll get all your shuckin' questions answered tomorrow on the tour, I forget how many questions the greenies ask" he continues.

"But-" I begin.

"Shh" Minho presses his finger to his lips. 

" Just enjoy being here, in the glade, I bet the outside world is shuckin' awful and thats why we were sent here. Shut your hole and enjoy the view because we'll be here for a while, hotstuff" he rants.

"Also... there'll be many boys wanting to shuck you so you won't get bored as easily" he adds with a wink.

Minho stares at me for a moment, his smirk growing larger.

"Are you, by chance, a lesbian, I'm sure Newt will be very disappointed" noticing my disgusted look, he laughs to himself, shifting his body weight to his other side.

"And I'll be too" his smirk plastered across his face, and begins to step closer to me. 

"Urgh, shuck off Mean hoe" I push Minho away from me and he bursts out chuckling.

"Shuck off? Catching on fast, hotstuff. Don't worry I'm only tryna step on yours and Newts toes" he says

I force a smile, I haven't been awake for an hour and I'm already using their peculiar language.

"Do you want me to take you to lunch or would you rather starve?" he asks, 

As if on cue my stomach growls loudly and Minho looks at me already knowing my answer. 

( hey readers!!! i made a playlist for anyone who wants to listen to it... i haven't written the part yet so SPOILERS COMING!!! music is a massive part in elliegha's story and ive made a playist that i believe she would listen too xxx please say if the link doesn't work)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7CgwgvUrrCtzqXDVgbzeli?si=cBjZc8PdR3K026HAA69yWw