4. Alliance

Hey guys. Hope y'all are well. I know the update is late but it just took time to clear up things. Also because it was Diwali and we were quite busy. But I hope this makes it up. A happy festive season to all of you. Thankyou<3

-----------------------------------------

"Meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it'd be my favorite."

After a while, dadu spoke hesitantly, "Well, I also wanted to talk to you about something

After a while, dadu spoke hesitantly, "Well, I also wanted to talk to you about something."

I again nodded and he started speaking, yet contemplating whether to say it or not.

"Princess, you might not remember much of your childhood, but I have the memories as clear as the crystal. You were the sunshine of the Aroras. Always carrying a smile effortlessly. Managing both studies and curricular so well." He spoke with a light smile on his pale face.

I was still trying to consume whatever he was saying when he spoke the next.

"You were your parents' lucky charm. Unka maan thi tu."

(You were their honor.)

Tears started rolling down my face even before I could stop them. "How was I their lucky charm, dadu? I lost them because of me."

He came forward to rub my back and passed me a glass of water although he was as shaken as me by the incident.

"No, it's not true, princess. And never can be."

He continued, "When you were 5, your parents, a little Vidyut, and me, we all went to my friend's grandson's birthday."

"That man who still is my bestfriend and more than that an elder brother figure to me. He helped your dadu in the toughest times, be it when I tried starting my business firm or finding the truck driver involved in your parents' accident. He has had my back ever since we were youngsters struggling."

At the mention of my parents, my heart clenched and I held the couch so tight that I could feel my knuckles turning white.

"Do you know he used to come home daily just to meet you? He was so fond of you and always told me ki- Aniruddh, beti ki nazar utar dena." He laughed reminiscing the good old days while I just smiled sitting there, flashes of a man running with me occuring in my head.

(Anirudhh, don't let any evil eye come near her.)

Although I wanted to ask him the purpose of telling me all this suddenly and who this friend of his was, I didn't, thinking he might fill in this by the end.

He raised his brows asking me where I was lost to which I just shook my head.

"Even Chirag and Kirti (her parents) were very fond of their family. Ranvi (her grandmother) has also met them quite a few times. Unke parivaar ke sath apno jesa lagta hai."