Prologue

"BEN!" Han Solo's voice echoed throughout the cavernous interior of the thermal oscilator.

Kylo ren froze, and just barely, almost unnoticeably, the pull began. "Han Solo, your son is gone" he responded.

"No, come home, your mother needs you." The pull increased.

"I can't, it's too late for me."

"No, that's just what snoke is telling you. He's using you for your power, once he gets what he wants he'll crush you."

"I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?"

"Yes, anything."

Kylo stepped closer, he unclipped his lightsaber, raised it up.

"You do" His father's words echoed through his mind, he began to tremble, then, with one swift motion, as if his mind was always made up, he let go of the lightsaber. It clattered as it hit the catwalk, then fell off entirely.

"Dad," Ben looked at his father, then stepped forward and embraced him. "It feels so good to be 

back."

"I know son, I know."

The two stood there for a moment, the prodigal son and the loving father, both so glad to have each other. A blaster shot fired from somewhere up on another platform. It whistled past both of them, reminding them that this was not the time for a happy reunion. The two ran back down the way they had came.

Finn saw Ben running down the walkway just behind his father, and seeing his face, made a split-second decision. Unclipping anakin's lightsaber from his belt, he tossed it into the air, where Ben caught it. He looked up at Finn, and the two nodded at each other. He ignited it and turned, blocking three blaster shots aiming for both him and Han.

"Hurry Ben, we've gotta get to the falcon before this thing blows."