1

"Remember our motto, it's the one who shot the bullet, not the one who paid for the bullet," the director chief announced.

I shook my head in agreement before walking out of the room. I knew I had to find out who killed Kim Junho. It didn't matter who it was at this point. I knew whoever did this was sick in the head. I've already found handfuls of evidence but each one of them backfired on me. Heading to my office I grabbed my notes and headed to the crime scene.

"Detective Go!" Someone called out. Looking around I found Officer Hanul approaching me. "Do you have time later today? I was wondering if you wanted to grab a meal."

"I already made plans, but thanks," I looked him up and down knowing something was off. The fact he never talked to me in the first place, and the fact he wasn't put to work on this case.

"Then, catch you later," He strolled off.

I slowly made my way into the rooftop house. As soon as I opened the door a strong scent filled the air. My eyes started watering as I felt like the scent was about to sink into my skin. Not understanding what was happening, this scent was never there to begin with. I grabbed a mask out of my pocket and quickly put it on. I knew whoever messed with this building had something to do with the murder. I quickly searched the building until I found a wet black plastic bag. I picked it up slowly unveiling the bag only to find another layer instead of a blanket and clothes. LAYING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BAG WAS A HUMAN HEAD WITH A PIECE OF LAMINATED PAPER. ID: Hong Dusik est 3/5/93. In disgust, I dropped the bag immediately. It looked more like a raisin than a head, with wrinkles indenting the skin and salt covering the head. Wait this person went missing three months ago I thought to myself. Slowly picking the bag up again I got a better look at the head trying to see if it was Hong Dusik. To my surprise he was. Someone must have put it here for it to be found, it wouldn't make sense to leave it here while the police are investigating it. And the fact that they only left the head to be found. I quickly reached for my phone calling the head chief. I waited as the phone rang raising the feeling of suspense in me. It seemed as if the lights were flickering in the room.

"H-hel-lo?" He answered. The bad reception interrupted his words.

"I need you to show me the records of Hong Dusik's missing person case," I responded, covering my mouth in fear that someone was watching me.

"Hong Dusik... Hong Dusik, it says here that he went missing three months ago. He was last seen at Bulguska temple at 8:20 am."

"Isn't that forty minutes before the temple opens?" I thought out loud. "Did you find anything else?"

"Yeah, I'm watching the CCTV footage right now. It looks like he's carrying something toward the temple," he responded. "Wait, what is that?"

"What is it?" I said. The service finally gave up on me. Quickly ran outside hopped into my car and headed to the station. Whatever this was would help me solve the reason why Hong's head was found at the crime scene.