Chapter 9: Destiny?

"So, the traitorous simian has a friend?" . . . "You wouldn't happen to know where he is, would you?" . . . "Pass the message on." . . . "My lady wants to talk to him about his debt." . . . "I'm just a business partner!" "Destiny cannot be undone!"

You sat up, awake, and in a cold sweat.

A black cat jumped off the bed, startled.

"Please! Please let that have been a bad dream!" You mumbled, hugging your legs and hiding your face in your knees.

Foot steps approached you.

When a hand touched your shoulder you jumped off the bed and fell on the floor.

"Y/n!" Macaque exclaimed. "Wh- what happened?!" He asked, concern clear in his voice. You slowly stood up and looked down at the ground. Macaque walked over to you and gave you a hug. You started to tear up. You were still shaken from the encounter last night.

How could you not?

You know the whole series, from "Monkie Kid: A Hero is Born", down to the newest season! If LBD found out!...

Let's not think of that right now.

Macaque picked you up in his arms, sat down on the bed, and continued to hold you.

"Whenever you're ready to talk, I am ready to listen." Macaque whispered to you.

The tears that you were trying to hold back started to fall.

You cried in his arms until you couldn't cry any more. "Are you feeling better?" Macaque asked when you stopped. You nodded. Crying, somehow, helped you calm down, and now, you were ready to talk.

"The- "mayor" showed up- when you left." You spoke hoarsely.

Macaques eyes widened, as he held you.

"He did?" Macaque asked.

He tightened his arms around you, comfortingly.

You nodded again. He quietly growled.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Macaque asked, quietly growling.

You hesitated before answering, "Almost."

"He w-wanted me to tell you that his lady, th- the Lady Bone Demon, wanted to talk to you about a debt." You told Macaque.

The dark simian growled louder.

"And-" you started.

You wanted to tell him what you knew but, what if that altered the future in some way?

Even then, what if LBD found out about you?

""And-"?" Macaque nudged.

"And... MK will need your help to get rid of her." You chose carefully.

Macaque sighed. "You know he doesn't trust me, right?" He asked you.

"He'll come on his own." You replied. Macaque sighed again, and nuzzled his face into your H/l, H/c hair.

"Um... Macaque?" You started, surprised by the action.

He was smelling your hair. Weird.

"Mhm." He hummed in response. "W- Why are you smelling my hair?" You asked. "Because it smells good." He mumbled.

He sounded tired.

"Macaque, are you tired?" You asked him.

He mumbled something, and cuddled close.

Your face blushed pink.

It was kind of embarrassing to you but, it was also cute! The powerful, emo monkey, Macaque, was tired and cuddling you.

It was almost too cute!

You would take a picture with your phone but, . . . You didn't know where your phone was.

You sat there quietly while he napped. Then, Macaque jerked awake, nearly knocking you out of his lap!

"S- Sorry, just... I got a performance soon." Macaque sat you on the bed and left the room. You smiled at where he was, and reflected on the series.

Macaque was so revengeful in his first appearance in the series. But, his second appearance was more of a "I want to help" than revenge.

What if- you were why?

What if, you were in the background helping Macaque in some way?

What if, that's why he changed?

Nah! If that were so, you might as well claim it was your "destiny" to have a friend turn psycho, nearly kill you, be saved by Macaque, and slowly crush on him!

Wait, WHAT!!

You shook the thought out of your head, face blushing bright pink.

Why would you think that!

You and Macaque are just friends! Even then! He was just a random guy who saved you from a psychopath!

But, why?

Why did he save you?

He really didn't have to save you but, he did.

Why?

The question started to spin in your head, stopping all other thoughts.

Why?

Hmm.

Maybe you ought to ask him.

You stood up and walked out of the room and towards the stage, where he was preforming his tale of the warrior and the hero.

(742 words)