Flashes Of The Wrong Fights

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Remus Lupin┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"I'm in the wind, you're in the waterNobodies son, nobodies daughter"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Remus Lupin
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"I'm in the wind, you're in the water
Nobodies son, nobodies daughter"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Selene ran away.

I slammed my glass down in frustration.

Sirius frowned, coming to stand in between James and I. He heaved a sigh before taking my glass and filling it with the same whiskey I'd had before and downing the entire thing.

"What should we do?" Peter asked us uneasily.

Everyone was silent for a moment, contemplating how we could get things back to normal. We'd each been effected by the absence of Selene in our lives, it had uprooted the group as we knew it and thrust us into an unfamiliar territory or anger and confusion mixed with the bitter scorching taste of sadness.

"Get our girl back." Sirius said with a determination I'd not heard from him previously.

I nodded in agreement.

James cracked his neck and Peter adjusted his collar, readying themselves

We all followed where Selene had gone, pushing through crowds of people we knew who greeted us happily, giving us high fives, hand shakes and pleased grins. Some even shouted our group name and it sent a weird wave of pride over me.

"Did anyone actually see where she went?" I sighed frustratedly.

"Well why would I have seen her if you haven't?" Peter replied sarcastically.

"I will actually hurt you" James jostled back.

"Kinky" Sirius chimed in.

"Not the time boys" I huffed.

I spotted a girl I'd seen hang around with Selene and her new group.

"Hey" I yelled, gently tapping the girl on the shoulder. She turned round, her eyes squinting with suspicion when she saw us, "have you seen Selene?"

Instead of answering me, she looked around the room and checked if someone could hear us.

Who could she possibly be worried about?

The girl looked at each of us in turn, her eyes melting into a look of guilt.

"She went to her dorm with Asteria and Lily, I saw them arguing in the hall" she shouted over the roar of the music.

As she finished telling us, a guy I knew to be her boyfriend called Able threw his arm around her shoulder, causing her to jump.

"Enjoying the party?" He asked with a shit-eating grin that made me want to floor him there and then.