Chapter 12. Goodbye

To the wrong person, you're either too much or not enough.
________________________________

- The next day at 3 pm -

Niall - Heyyyy! Zayn, Louis and Liam are down at the shops buying some snacks.

There is silence in your apartment.

Niall - We texted you but you didn't answer so we thought it would be okay if we came along with Harry.

H – Star? Where are you?? Y/n..

You're nowhere to be found. They open every door in your apartment.

Niall – Harry, this door is locked..

H – Love, are you in there it's me, Harry and Niall..

Niall – Y/n hello are you okay?

H – she's not in there!! Fuck!

Niall - Could it be Carl...could he have been here?

H - don't even fucking ask that!

Niall - The front door was unlocked...

H - we have to open this door.

He looks around.

H – step away.

He kicks the door in. There is a note on the bed. Niall runs up and reads it out loud

"Hi, Harry baby. I know we haven't had the easiest time together but I need to fix this with Carl. I love spending time with you but Carl is not someone you mess with...so if you're reading this, he got me...You should stop looking for me and move on. I wish you the best of luck finding happiness.."

Harry falls to the floor. Niall looks away, drying his tears off his face...and continues to read.

"..and I will forever remember everything you and the boys did for me. Tell the boys I'm okay and well. But had an emergency with something out of the country. I was hoping this could have ended differently. Goodbye baby"

Harry breaks down. Niall crumbles the paper up and throws it at the wall.

Niall – fuck!

Niall puts his face down in his hands.

H – I...this

Harry's voice breaks.

H - can't be real..!!

Niall - I'm sorry. Fuck, shit, motherfucker!!!

Harry gets up from the floor.

H – let me see that note..

Niall – It's over there..

Harry picks it up and reads it again.

H – this just doesn't sound like her...!!

Niall – what do you mean??

H – She would never call me "baby". She hates that cheesy relationship shit..

Niall – really?

Niall looks up hopeful.

H - I don't know I might just be trying to spot the mistake..

Harry sighs and throws the note at the wall. Zayn, Louis and Liam comesin.

Liam – Hey guys, we have snacks!

Zayn – where are you guys??

They walk in your room. They see Harry on the floor and Niall on the bed with tears running down his face.