Chapter 14. A new chapter

I want someone who chooses me everyday, not just when they feel like it.
________________________________

You put the last box down and look around. This is a new chapter. A chapter with new friends, new love and one without Carl.

Liam - Was that all?

Niall - What do you mean "Was that all?"

Niall places down the last box of your stuff and acts like his back is hurting. You roll your eyes.

You - I know it's a lot. It's just Sam is getting a new roommate therefore my stuff can't be there. A lot of it is just something that can go in the attic or basement. If you have one of those.

Louis - Don't be stupid, we cleaned out a storage room beside the kitchen you can put all of your shit there, if you want.

You - really?

Liam - Yeah, you live here too now. It's not the biggest room but there is space for the most important stuff.

Harry and you lock eyes. He smirks.

Zayn - this is going to be amazing! We are going to have the best time!

You laugh.

You - Yeah, we are.

Niall - Let's get unpacking.

You - You guys really don't have to help me unpack! I can do it on my own!

Louis - Again, don't be stupid!

H - We are here to stay, remember?

The unpacking operation starts with a mix of enthusiasm and banter. Niall is armed with bathroom supplies, primarily because he keeps joking about his expertise in arranging toiletries. Louis and Zayn has set off to assemble your furniture, their playful arguments about the right way to do it echoing through the house as you are unpacking some papers and books to put on their empty bookshelf that's over their piano. Your eyes fall down on some notes and lyrics. You read in your head: "Am I asleep, am I awake, or somewhere in between? I can't believe that you are here and lying next to me or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined? Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine?"

Oh my god. Who wrote this?

"Truly, madly, deeply, I am. Foolishly, completely falling and somehow you caved all my walls in. So, baby, say you'll always keep me. Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you. In love with you"

Fuck! You should probably not be reading this!...But you can't stop.

"Should I put coffee and granola on a tray in bed? And wake you up with all the words that I still haven't said? And tender touches, just to show you how I feel. Or should I act so cool like it was no big deal?"

You look around in shock. It's probably not Harry that wrote it. It's just a coincidence that it matches perfectly to you and Harry's relationship.

"I hope I'm not a casualty. Hope you won't get up and leave. Might not mean that much to you. But to me, it's everything, everything"

You can hear the words be sung in Harry's voice.

Harry - Let's see what we got here...

You panickally put the papers back together as Harry appears with the "others" box, looking mischievous. You shot him a double glare and then realize what is in that box. That box contains your...private stuff.

You - OMG! NO! Put that down Harry!

You start organize your clothes. He smirks and turns around with the box. You stand up fast and try to get the box.