𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥

Saera pulled herself out from her hiding spot and pushed herself to her feet, fixing her hair and dusting herself off. Jace still lay on the bed, his arms outstretched and the pillow laying across him.

"That was embarrassing," she informed him, Jace not needing her to point it out. "I bet Baela thinks her childhood friend has turned into a right freak." Saera continued, Jace pushing himself up onto his elbows with a scowl on his face.

"So you aren't going to address what just happened?" He snapped at her and she smirked, raising an eyebrow and folding her arms across her chest.

"I just did. I just told you it was embarrassing." She retaliated, eyes glinting and shining with amusement.

"Not that," Jace said, but he knew she could tell what he was referring to. "What happened before Baela entered my room." He spoke to her, Saera rolling her eyes. Seven hells, she's the most infuriating girl I've ever met. Jace's mind instantly began to wander back to what they had did, how wrong it was but how good it felt. Part of him wanted to march over to the slight girl, roughly pull her back onto his bed and finish what they had started. He was fighting not to give in.

"Are you really going to call what just happened another mistake?" Jace questioned, watching as her eyes eyes met his in her reflection of the mirror. She felt his eyes then run over her body, watching him in the mirror.

"Yes, because it was." She responded bluntly, Jace clenching his jaw.

"Then why did it happen again?" He asked her, Saera turning around to look at him, now presentable, her dress flattened out after being crushed from sitting on his lap. She herself was unsure.

"I don't know. When I'm around you I'm so angry, so full of utter contempt." Saera explained, glaring at the boy who pushed himself up fully, sitting on the edge of the bed and meeting her gaze. "But there is...something else pulling me to you. It's stronger than I am, I feel like I can't fight it." She continued, expression tightening. "I hate it."

"Then what is the answer?" Jace questioned her, dark look still on his face. Saera looked at him both thoughtfully and scornfully.

"We cannot spend time alone together. We have to resist our urges, and it is becoming apparent we cannot when we are together..." Saera explained, her eyes scanning over his handsome face. His hair was still slightly messy from their prior activities, his eyes full of desire and his veiny hands on show. She pulled her eyes away from him and to the floor with a frustrated sigh.

"You're right. How awful and heartbreaking it will be to no longer spend time alone with the girl I despise most in the world." Jace let out with a harsh and sarcastic drawl, Saera's eyes meeting his once again, the beautiful girl's expression fiery and enraged.

"Of course I'm right, Jacaerys. Just like how I was right about you being a hard-headed, spoiled Princeling who can hardly hold a sword, never mind ride his dragon." Saera hissed at him, Jace pushing himself to his feet are insulting words. "It's a shame, really. Your mother seems like such an excellent fit for the throne. It must be so disappointing for her to accept her eldest son and heir couldn't be further from it." Her vengeful words made Jace's blood boil.

"You and Aemond will make a beautiful match. Maybe the next time you do something that displeases him he won't just grab you roughly by your arms, he'll do something far worse." Jace spat, Saera's irritated expression falling from her beautiful face, Jace watching a pained and hurt look replace it. She took a step back from him, Jace realising what he had said. You insinuated that you hope Aemond hurts her.

"Saera..." he felt his anger dissipate slightly, regretting what he had said. "I did not mean-"

"Yes you did. Just own it, Jace. I would respect you more for it." She cut him off, her hurt expression now mixing with one of distain. "I should've let Vhagar swallow you whole." She told him, storming over to his door, pulling it open roughly. Now, she has just told you she wishes you were dead. Jace watched her, his concerned expression now fading back to a darker one at her words.