Chapter 1

Summer's POV

Summer's POV

"That was the nine of us." It felt weird to finally say it out loud, like a shiver, considering how it started with just us two. The other seven majored in business but it was the two of us who lost and gained the most.

"Gene is seriously pissing me off. How is she always up to something and then I have to be there to hear about her shenanigans? I already have to perform two surgeries today." said a very tall woman with wine colored hair. It's hard to believe she was born with that.

Well, that's Burgundy. She was the life of the party back in our teenage years, god, she was wild. So you would believe me when I say the drama kind of started with her but we don't really say that out loud very often but she really did help me survive high school. After all, we have known each other for twenty years now. So, giving up on her just didn't seem right.

"I don't understand how a six year old got hold of slime and managed to put it in someone's hair. ISN'T SHE LIKE FOUR FEET?" Burgundy continues.

"Oh come on, give her a break. She's six. Anyways, look at this picture from our high school yearbook." Her rant suddenly turns into an astonished face as she sits beside me to look at the pictures.

"Do you remember?" I ask.

"OF COURSE I DO! This was after we almost burnt the chemistry lab while trying to help you impress Austin." I give a big laugh. I still remember that day as if it was just yesterday.

That is when I get a call.

Burgundy smirks, "Be careful, grandma is in a bad mood today."

I picked it up and put it on speaker.

"Good morning Ms. Navarro. This is Mrs. Keith." said a voice which sounded as if she just stuck a cigarette in her throat.

"Good morning ma'am, who did she get into trouble with this time?"

"I would like to have a meeting with you today at noon along with the parents whose kids' were involved with Miss Boyd's daughter."

"Sure ma'am, this is the fifth time this month. Of course, this is the way I would love to spend my one day off. In your office."

I understood why Burgundy was ranting at eleven in the morning.

"SHE DID NOT DO ANYTHING, YOU ALL ARE ALWAYS AFTER GENE AND THEA!" Burgundy yells again. I put the phone on mute.

This was Mrs. Keith, the principal of SSA who took over for her mother who was our principal when we were in school. Yes, as horrendous as that sounds, we were also the students of Silver Stone Academy. We came back to Garden Grove, California when we heard how advanced and developed it had become now. We went to the principal's office frequently as students but never thought we would still have to make visits even after we graduated.