Chapter Twenty-One: Lunch Time

Wednesday, Lowsun 14th, 2184

"Korrin worked us so hard!" I said to Taylor as we worked our way through the lunch line, "Well, she worked me hard. Tami got off a bit easier cause she's been working with Korrin for a year now, but anyway, we worked a lot on my Water bending and it was super fun."  

"That's good." She replied as she moved forward.  

"What did you do all morning?" I asked.  

"Pretty much talked with Ursa and hung out with Ezra as he showed me around to our classes. We saw the others in the halls a few times, but for the most part I watched him Fire bend." She said, grabbing some fruit, a granola bar and a bottled water.  

"Are you not hungry?" I asked as we walked to the table our Team had claimed.  

"Eh, I'm more snacky than anything." she said, "I didn't finish my coffee till 11ish, so I constantly had something all morning.   

"Ok," I said, "But you know you need food to survive. I know coffee is filling and it sounds like you haven't done much yet, but you need to eat more than just some fruit and a granola bar all day." 

She sighed, "Yeah I know, I'll grab some extra snacks for later, ok?" She turned back to the line and I walked alone to our table.  

"Hey, Avatar! How was the morning?" Hayden called as I approached the table.  

"Pretty good!" I laughed, "How bout you guys? I wanna hear all about it." I sat down beside Jinn, and him and Hayden filled me in on their mornings with Kennedy, Lee and Willow.  

When Taylor sat down beside me, nibbling on the granola bar, I didn't think much of it. Until half of lunch had gone by and she'd barely eaten.  

"Tay," I whispered to her, "You good? Do you need to go somewhere else?" 

"No, I'm fine." She said, in the tone that always told me otherwise.  

"Come on, we're gonna go find someone to talk to. Maybe Korrin will be in her office." I grabbed her hand and pulled her, unwillingly, with me to the second floor.  

"I'm fine, seriously, we don't need to talk to anyone." She kept saying as I wandered the second-floor hallway with her in tow.  

"Taylor, look at me," I stopped and she looked at me, nervously, "No matter how many times you tell me you're fine, I'm not gonna believe you. You know why?"  

"Because you never believe me." She said,  

"No, because I know you well enough to know when you're lying. You're not fine and you probably never will be, if you don't stop this "not eating when I'm stressed" thing, you could get really sick, and hurt because of it!" I said, maybe a little too loudly.  

"Hey," a voice called from an open door, "Everything good over there?" We turned to see a short girl leaning against Master Raven's open door. The girl nodded at us and we followed her inside.  

"Not really..." I replied, towing Taylor behind me. "Um, who are you?" I asked as she closed the door behind us. The girl that stood before us was not much taller than me, but pretty muscular for a kid. She wore a beige tank-top, a shirt that crossed and tied in the front, left open, green shorts and green and white ankle cuffs. Her black fluffy hair fell in her eyes and she almost looked like a boy if she didn't have the voice of a girl.  

"I'm Master Raven. You must be Avatar Evangelene and the famous non-bender Taylor." They replied.  

"Famous?" Taylor asked, "How am I famous? I've only been here for a few days."