10|Twisted Thoughts

In every quiet moment, my mind wanders to thoughts of you.

-Unknown

As I look down at my burnt hand my mind can't help but wander back to how our lips almost touched

As I look down at my burnt hand my mind can't help but wander back to how our lips almost touched. How soft the feel of her breath is. The way she looked at me as I moved closer to her. Our lips almost touched and I know that If they did I wouldn't have been able to stop.

"Almost done." The doctor says snapping me out of my thoughts. Not like she would be able to see my eyes even if I wasn't looking at her. My shades are on.

I can't believe I'm thinking about Joelle even with my hand like this. That's what got me into this situation in the first place. Staying as far away from her as possible would be wise. She's starting to overtake my thoughts and she's way younger than me. Burning my hand made me realize that even more.

"Okay." The doctor tightens the bandage on my hand. "It's going to take a couple of weeks to heal. Just make sure to keep changing the bandages and be careful next time sir." She scolds.

"I'll make sure he is." I hear Trenton's voice from across the room.

"I can take care of myself, Trent." I hate having Trenton treat me as if I'm completely useless and He's going to be keeping a closer eye on me.

"What were you even doing to get burnt? You know you aren't able to cook so why were you by the stove." He squints his eyes at me.

"It was just an accident. I couldn't see where I was going." Rolling my eyes I stand up from the bed. Trenton rushes to my side. Sighing I let him take one of my arms. Only because I'm not familiar with my surroundings right now so I have no idea where I'm going.

"Let me get you home. Please don't have any more accidents while I'm gone for the night." Trenton adds.

_______________

As Trenton and I walk into the door he finally lets me go. Fixing my tie I take a step towards the stairs. Until I hear one of my kitchen chairs push back. My eyes widen from the sound and I stop.

"Are you okay?" I heard Joelle's voice. The floor creaks as she walks closer to me.

"Yeah. Why are you still up Joelle? It's late." I ask her.

"Just wanted to make sure you were okay. It's my fault you're like this after all." She takes my hand into hers. "It looks bad." Her voice starts shaking.

Removing my hand from hers I move back. "It's fine. I'm going to head upstairs and take a nap." As I walk past her our shoulders bump a bit. I thought I moved to the side enough, but I guess not. I'll never fully be able to get used to not being able to see.

As I lick my dry lips on my way up to my room I let out a long sigh. My hand feels like shit and is going to feel like this for a while. I'm going to have to get Trenton to do the bandages for me. I'm not going to be able to do it by myself.

Once I get to my room I close the door behind me and sit on the edge of my bed. Closing my eyes the darkness doesn't change and for the 5th year in a row, my stomach drops. I'm really never going to be able to see it again.....