Bombs

"Hi," she said in her soft, delicate voice.

As he lifted his hazel eyes to meet her gaze he replied, "Hi."

"Is anyone sitting here?"

"No." He took his bag out of the chair.

As she sat down a pale skinned man with shaggy brown hair assumed his position behind the podium.

"Good morning, my name is Dr. Marcel Gloumeau and I'll be your lecturer for this semester." 

                                                            ***

She kicked off her slipper socks and drew her feet up in the bed. Resting her back against the wall, she placed the book in her lap and started to read. Gradually her mind started to drift off to prior events. Then she heard a knock on the flat door. When she opened it he looked up revealing those perfectly delicious hazel eyes. She smiled.

"You forgot to give me the tape," he said.

"No I didn't," she replied. She rested her weight against the door to keep it open and motioned to his jacket pocket.

Following her motion, he placed his hand inside his right jacket pocket and pulled out a TDK mini DV tape.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"I figured you would have noticed."

She was so close to him that every syntax in her body was on fire.

"Okay, thanks...and thanks for all your help."

"You're welcome. It was no problem."

She watched him head around the corner and listened for the elevator to close. Pity, she thought to herself.

                                                       ***

She rounded the corner to see him standing outside looking for her. He opened the door for her and she turned right heading up the stairs.

"It's open," he said as they reached his bedroom door.

She pushed opened his door and headed in the room.

"Okay, so we need to get this sorted now, because we're really running out of time."

"Okay," he replied. "What do we need to do?"

"Well..." she said as she took off her sweater. Her body still hadn't gotten accustomed to the change in latitude and as a result she always wore two sets of clothing. He was also from a warm country and kept his room temperature at 25°C. 

"Firstly, you need to book us a camera because we can't shoot anything if we don't have one. Then you need to email the lecturers to confirm our interviews. Also..."

"You stripped!" he exclaimed as he turned to see her sitting in a black camisole instead of her multi-coloured sweater.

"What!" she replied, "I'm not accustomed to wearing so many clothes."

"Do you want to strip some more for me?" He laughed, revealing that gorgeous smile.

"I might," she said, flashing him that seductive look.

"Really!!?"

"No."

Despite her better judgement, she found herself in this precarious situation. As he walked across his room, she tightened her hold around his neck and his chest and nestled her head on his shoulder.

"Please don't drop me," she said. Her voice was like an exhale; it existed only in the distance between her lips and his ear.

As he moved his hands from her waist to below her bum to better support her weight he said, "Where do you want me to put you?"

Upon getting no response, he took her across to his bed and laid her down.