I'm Your Man (Debut)

December 2010

John and the boys spent remainder of the year getting adjusted in their crowded room rented out by their mentor. With all his savings gone, they could only afford such a small space. The situation was so dire that the CEO had to sleep with them.

Life hasn't been too kind on them. Their debut was an absolutely flop and their comeback slightly charted, but has yet to break the top charts. With such a small fanbase things like handshakes were simply not possible. Infinite did what they did best, perform in the streets in front of pedestrians. Some call it desperate, but Jongyeop sees it has a way to draw new audiences.

John's powerful vocals drew the most attention. He sang ballads both in English and in Korean. His unsually husky voice drew people into looking into the group. Despite having little training, his vocal talent was on par some of the best vocalists in Kpop. Like a Kyuhyun per se.

That was all the CEO needed for an idea. He decided it was time to finally invest in his secret weapon. With a little help from Epik High he was able to craft a song that John could sing. Compared to the average light hearted pop tunes most folks were used to, this song was one percent traditional ballad.

This was something you hear in at an old cafe in New York. In fact he wanted to create that feeling here. With piano melody and horns, they backed John how with his killer vocals.

"Are you sure I can do this Jongyeop-nim? I never been able to make my own music." John expressed his doubts.

"This is the best chance for us to gain new fans. Your voice will be very important in our promotions going forward. I'm going to need you for the next comeback next year." Jongyeop stated.

"Gamsahabnida for having so much faith in. I've always wanted to do lounge music. Back in Chicago this type of music was everywhere. It brings me back memories." John stated.

"I'm half it does. You'll be the first to debut solo. I have plans to have you and Sujeong-ah to do a duet in the near future."

"I would love that! Sujeong-ah is such an amazing singer! Our voices would be a perfect match!" John barely contained his excitement.

"Settle down, don't forget we have this and the Christmas celebration with the group." Jongyeop reminded him.

"I almost forgot! I'm hoping to buy Sungkyu a present for helping me. He deserves something special!" John smiled fondly.

Once the conversations ceased John breathed on and began singing. He pictured himself as Frank Sinatra singing at a bar in Chicago.

Oneul bammaneun
Jibe garan mal
Haji mayo
Wonhaneun daero
Sikineun daero
Da halgeyo
Achimi balgaomyeon
Geudaemaneul wihan
Siktageul junbihalgeoeyo
My fair lady
I'm your man

Just falling in love
Sarange ppajin
I namjareul bwayo
Lady, I'm your man
Just look at my eyes
Geueukan nunbit
Hwangholhan geu momjit
Oh, my fair lady
I think is love love love
Onmomi jjaritjjarithae
Humchyeogan naui simjangeun
Geudaega oraeorae gajyeojwoyo

Oneul bammaneun
Jibe garan mal haji mayo
Haraneun daero
Sikineun daero da halgeyo
Achimi balgaomyeon
Geudaemaneul wihan
Siktageul junbihalgeoeyo
Oh, my fair lady
I'm your man

I think is love love love
Gyeoteman itge haejwoyo
Ttan saenggakaji anayo
Oeropge honja jebal duji mayo

Oneul bammaneun
Jibe garan mal haji mayo
Haraneun daero
Sikineun daero da halgeyo
Achimi balgaomyeon
Geudaemaneul wihan
Siktageul junbihalgeoeyo
My fair lady
My only love

Ohae marayo
Isanghan saenggak an halgeyo
Wonhaneun daero
Baraneun daero da halgeyo
Achimi balgaomyeon
Geudaemaneul wihan
Siktageul junbihalgeoeyo
Oh, my fair lady
Oh, my sweet lady
Oh, my only lady
Oh, I'm your man
Music end