A New Candidate.

Sans the skeleton, just a casual, calm, carefree skeleton that lived his days down in the underground with his brother. But once they fell down, Sans's perspective on reality changed entirely.
He found out that he could never have a normal life, and that everything would be reset one day without any warning. At that point, he gave up, not caring for others as much as he used to, not even his own brother. He knew that he had been reliving everything for oh so long, not even he knew how many times his world has been reset. But one day, all of that would change, and his entire world would never be the same.
One day, Sans found himself waiting once more in Snowdin, knowing the usual route and dialogue he had to say.

"Don't ya know how to greet a new pal?"

"alright, i got it."

He said to himself calmly, before sitting down in the cold snow, as he leaned against one of the trees behind him. He waited… and waited… and waited..?

"man, this kid sure is taking' their sweet time eh?"

He stood up and used a shortcut to the large door he had always stood by every day. He leaned against the wall there, and still waited for the human to come. But strangely enough, they never did, that day he never came across them, and they never exited the door. He went home late and opened the door, walking in his house and closing the door behind him, seeing his brother on the couch asleep. He put a blanket over him and just sighed, walking up to his room and falling asleep, not expecting to wake up the next day. But, he did wake up. He sat upwards in his bed and grabbed his head, looking around with a confused expression on his face.

"somethin' ain't right here."

He'd get up from your bed and leave it messy as it always was, walking down the stairs to see Papyrus making some breakfast. Spaghetti of course.

"GOOD MORNING SANS!"

He said happily, looking behind him and giving Sans a big ol' smile. Sans would chuckle and put his hands in his pockets.

"uh yeah, mornin' paps."

He sat down on the couch and looked at the ground for a moment. Did… did the kid give up? Were they gone for good? What exactly happened? He got up from his couch and walked towards the door, grabbing the handle and turning his head towards Papyrus.

"hey paps, i'm gonna go on patrol early today. i feel like doin' some work today."

Papyrus, obviously impressed and caught off guard, placed his hands on his hips and looked at Sans with the "THAT TRUE?" Look. Sans simply rolled his eyes, a response as in saying "yeah, no worries." Papyrus then sighed and grabbed the spaghetti with his hands, placing them in a plastic bag and handing it to Sans.

"WELL AT LEAST TAKE SOME BREAKFAST WITH YOU."

Sans grabbed the bag and nodded to Papyrus.

"alright, will do bro. cya later Paps."

He walked out the door of his house and headed straight for the giant door where the kid usually exited from. He waited there for a few minutes once again, but it wasn't opened, not even moved one inch.

"alright kid, enough playin' around."

He then shortcuts into the ruins, right into a large dark room with a single patch of grass in the middle, and a light shining down on top of it. He explored for a while before coming across a small corridor, and as he continued walking ended up inside a house. A nice little cozy home that smelled like butterscotch and cinnamon. He decided not to intrude and immediately exited, finding himself inside the entirety of the ruins. After a bit of exploring and talking to the monsters around, apparently there had been no humans whatsoever. Sans finally made his way towards the fall place and looked up, seeing the light for the first time in forever. He scoffed before turning around and slowly walking away.