Chapter 4

Luffy was the first to wake up

Luffy was the first to wake up. The moment he regains his consciousness, he tries to shake Zoro awake.

"They took my swords," Zoro says after eyeing around to see if his swords are with him.

"And my rugsack, ugh, with all my navigation gear," Nami groans, grabbing the attention of the two boys.

Luffy immediately places his hand on his head for his most prized treasure: his straw hat. He lets out a sigh of relief to find it still with him.

"They didn't take my hat."

"Yeah, small blessings," Nami responds sarcastically.

"Where is [Y/n]?" Zoro asks. His eye scans the box they are in again, but there is not a single trace of them there.

"That's not good. We need to get out of here quickly then," Luffy says, standing up but bangs his head against the top of the crate.

Zoro, on the other hand, is peering out from the gaps of the crate to see where he is.

"We have lost the map," Nami says exasperated.

"No. No, we didn't. It's in a safe place," Luffy is immediate to answer. He pats his stomach to convey what "safe place" meant.

Nami is disgusted by the thought. Meanwhile, Zoro decided to bang on the wall of the crate to see if it breaks.

"Hey, stop that. Stop that."

"What? I'm trying to find a way out," Zoro says.

"We've been captured. We need a plan," Nami tries to reason.

"I don't need a plan. I just need to beat the hell out of every Marine I see," Zoro says irritated.

"Hey, everyone, relax. We're fine," Luffy tries to calm them down.

"We're not fine. The Marines will throw us in jail if we are lucky." "[Y/n] is gone." Both Nami and Zoro respond simultaneously, both irritated.

"Since when have you started caring about [Y/n]? You were picking a fight with them last time," Nami glares at Zoro.