Chapter 5: Leadership

The next day Shinoa hurried down the stairs, when she arrived at the 1st floor and rushed to the stairs to the first floor, she tripped over a carpet wave and fell. Before she reached the floor, someone caught her. "Where are you going in such a hurry?" Asked her rescuer. Shinoa looked up and smiled ashamedly, "good morning, your highness..." "Good morning. Where are you off to?" Asked the king again, setting Shinoa back on her feet. "To the main entrance. Saphyra will show us around." She replied. "Youre good on time." Said the king, "oh yes? My watch stopped during the night, I thought I was late." Confessed Shinoa, Lucifer shook his head, "you still have half an hour. Go get some breakfast first." Shinoa nodded, Lucifer went to the dining room and Shinoa to the kitchen.

Shinoa made herself some green tea and went into the staff room. "We missed you already." Said Tayla. "My watch stopped and I thought I was late." Replied Shinoa and sat down next to Juvia. Juvia looked at her and said, "we wouldn't have left you, we would have gone to see where you were at quarter past." Shinoa smiled, "thanks." "We are a team now aren't we?" Asked Tayla a rhetorical question, the two girls nodded in agreement nonetheless. At 8:55, the girls took the dishes back to the kitchen and went downstairs to the main entrance.

Saphyra was a few minutes late, "sorry about that, but something just came up." Apologized Saphyra, "it's alright, you being asked to be the boss was something we knew at the beginning." The girls reassured her.

"Well, let's go." Said Saphyra and went ahead, the girls followed her to the top floor. "You all know the place already, staff room and to the left at the end of the corridor we have a small salon." She said and went down to the 4th floor and opened a door there, "here we have the music room, it is equipped with a piano, a koto and a shamisen. Lucifer had it set up for Sphinx because she loved music more than anything and played it herself. In here you have to dust once a week and wet record every day. If you can make a decent sound, you can come in here and play in your free time, but if you break anything, you have to pay for it yourself. She warned the girls and opened the door opposite the music room. "Here we have the library equipped with all the books that have ever been written and a stone fireplace. Here you have to dust twice a week and vacuum the floor daily, check daily that there is enough wood and once a month clean the fireplace from soot and also once a month clean the carpet thoroughly with carpet cleaner. Also here you may stay in your free time and take a book to your room but what is broken you pay yourself." Saphyra continued.

She went on to the third floor. "Here are the bedrooms including bathrooms of Lucifer, his children, his brother and the guest rooms." she said pointing to the respective doors. "For the rooms that are used, except Lucifer's, because Yuki takes care of that, daily bed making, some dusting, sweeping the floor, changing wet or dirty terry cloth, cleaning the bathtub, lavabo toilet. Every three weeks, change the bed linen, thoroughly clean the bathroom neatly dust and vacuum the floor and wet pick up." Explained Saphyra further.

Shinoa pointed to a door that was next to Mazikeen's room, "and whose room is that to?" She asked. Saphyra pretended not to listen just then "excuse me?" "This room here, whose is it?" Shinoa asked again. Saphyra turned away "no one." She replied. "Dan is it a guest room?" Asked Juvia, "no, not a guest room." said Saphyra. "Was one nursery room planned too many?" Asked Tayla, smiling. Saphyra turned to the girls "in a way..." Tayla's smile disappeared "that wasn't meant to be serious." "Yeah I know. The room, is... was the nursery of his daughter, what he had conceived with his first love." Said Saphyra dan. "Sphinx?" Asked Shinoa. Saphyra shook her head "no, Sphinx was his second love, before that he had another one, but he never married her, why i don't know." "When was that?" Juvia wanted to know. "It was during the time when Lucifer's father, Diabolo, still ruled over Hell." Said Saphyra. "What happened to his wife and daughter?" Inquired Tayla. "I'm sorry, I don't have the authority to tell you any more details, you'll have to ask Lucifer himself." The three shook their heads, "better not." Saphyra nodded and continued the tour.

They continued to the 2nd floor, Saphyra pointed to a door. "You already know this floor, here is Lucifer's study, Yuki also takes care of that," Saphyra continued "and here is the small salon. In here also dust once a week, wet the floor daily and clean it thoroughly once a month. The fireplace in here also needs to be checked daily for enough wood and cleaned of soot once a month. We continue to the second floor, which you already know, but it's part of the job." She said and went with the girls to the second floor.

"First the dining room," she said, opening the door, "after every meal we shake out the tablecloth, change it if it's dirty, wipe down the table and chairs, vacuum the floor and pick it up wet. Twice a week we dust in here." They continued into the kitchen, "the boys always clean their own kitchen, that's not our job." She explained to the girls and continued into the staff room. "Here everyone cleans up their own mess, our job is to mop through once in the evening and vacuum and wet pick up once a month. Then the infirmary, Cassandra and her team do their own cleaning, so it's not our job either."

They went to the first floor, "so, we almost have it then." Said Saphyra. "You already know the entrance hall, it is dusted, vacuumed and wet picked up daily, as are all the corridors." They went to the throne room, "the same here, daily dusting, vacuuming and wet pick up." They left the throne room and went to the big salon, "like the small salon only bigger but same cleaning rule. Juvia what is it?" Asked Saphyra, "dust once a week, take up floor wet daily, clean thoroughly once a month. Check the fireplace daily for enough wood and clean it of soot once a month." Answered Juvia. Saphyra nodded, "from where do we get the wood?" Asked Shinoa. "Outside in the garden, I'll show you where in a minute, first we'll continue the tour inside." Gave Saphyra as an answer.

She went to the basement. "You also know the laundry, Ahsoka will take care of it, here you will also find all the cleaning products as well as the working plan and cleaning schedule, who is assigned to where and what has to be done. Then we have here straight ahead the wine, food and beverage warehouse. This is also more the kitchen's job, but if something isn't neat, please fix it quickly." She said, "and where does that screen door lead?" Asked Tayla, "In the cellar in the dungeon." Answered Saphyra. "We don't have to go down there, do we?" Juvia asked. "No, don't worry, we're going to the garden now." Saphyra reassured her.

Saphyra went with the girls out into the garden, behind the castle where the paddock and the steel is. "Here you will find the wood for the fireplace. The steel is taken care of by Shaak-Ti and the garden itself by our gardeners Garjeel and Kira. You'll have to explore the garden yourself, it's very extensive, showing you around now will take far too long."

Explained Saphyra and walked with the girls back to the front entrance, but in the middle she stopped and pointed to the castle. "If you open the window by the dining room you will come to the terrace right there." She said, pointing to the center of the garden, "there's a fountain. Then there's a maze, a small forest with a lake, a small park and under a willow there's a gazebo." "Saphyra I have one more question." Shinoa spoke up, "what kind of question?" Asked Saphyra. "Well actually two: the windows and curtains in the castle, how often are they cleaned?" She asked, Saphyra slapped her hand to her head, "I knew I forgot something. Both once a month." Answered she. The three girls nodded. "Do you guys have any other questions right now?" Asked Saphyra, all three shook their heads, "well then best grab your uniforms now, in the laundry. Duty starts tomorrow at 8:15 a.m. in the kitchen." Informed the girls and went into the castle.

"So what are we going to do" asked Tayla, "take a closer look at the garden?" Juvia agreed. "I'm going to town to buy new batteries for my watch, otherwise I'll definitely oversleep tomorrow." Said Shinoa and said goodbye to the girls. She went into town and straight to the supermarket. When she had the batteries, she went on to a costume store.

"Good afternoon." greeted the saleswoman, "are you looking for something in particular?" "Yes indeed, I am looking for a wig that, have the same hair color as mine and colored contact lenses also the same color." She replied. The saleswoman looked at Shinoa more closely and then went into the store, after a few minutes she came out with Shinoa's desired items. "So here we have once azure wig and here amethyst contact lenses." She said and typed it into the register, "thank you very much. How much is this?" she asked, pulling out her purse. "20 Jewel, please." Said the saleswoman. Shinoa paid, took her things and went back to the castle. She quickly went to the laundry and got her uniform, then went to her room. There she took the wig out of the bag and unpacked it. She pulled the hairnet over her head and then put the wig on. Carefully she tied the wig into a braid. When she was done, she took off the wig and the hairnet and put them neatly in the closet. She changed the batteries of the clock and set an alarm for 7:15 a.m. Her gaze fell on the plate with the tea herbs, she took her plant/herb book from the cupboard and searched for the respective herbs. However, this turned out to be very difficult.