Chapter 4

The next morning and the night had shockingly gone by without a single nightmare or resurfaced memory. Yamanoue had a peaceful rest, and he awoke calm. Stretching and groaning as he squinted against the sunlight streaming through the window and into his eyes.

Blurry memories of the uncontrollable lust he felt driving him mad. To be in the presence of such a loving man. The urge to shout to the whole world how infatuated he had become, how many years he'd waited for everything to line up like this.

He looked over to his side to find that Kawashimo was still next to him- half asleep. Yamanoue leaned over and kissed him again as he had so many times. He then began nibbling playfully on the other man’s ear.

Kawashimo gasped as his eyes fluttered open. “What? What are you doing Yamanoue-kun?!” He cried in confusion.

Yamanoue snickered, “Heh! I just think you’re so delicious, so sweet!”

“You weirdo! With you it’s either this unreadable coldness, or crazily intimate, you have no in-between!”

“Well, in my defense, I’ve been repressing myself for sooo~ long. Remember how fun I used to be when we were kids?”

“Yes! I remember all of those toys you used to make before you switched to weapons!”

He nodded in agreement, “Ah, I miss those times so much.”

“But you won’t eat me, right?”

The taller doctor looked down mischievously at his lover, “Oh I’ll try now. But you’re so tiny in comparison to me, so easy to swallow! I can’t promise to control myself in the presence of something so tantalizing to me.” He snarled and bared his teeth, then lunged at Kawashimo and started biting him, but not hard enough to actually hurt. Kawashimo screamed and laughed as he shook and struggled to get out of his partner’s grasp.

“You creep! Ah~ let me gooo!” 

“But aren’t you having so much fun? I won’t digest you, just let me have a little taste!”

Yamanoue was wildly licking at him all over like a frenzied puppy. It tickled so much, it almost felt pleasant. "This is so weird and gross." He said.

"If you didn't like it you wouldn't be laughing so much now!"

He shrugged, "You got me there." He chuckled and combed through his hair and beard which had gotten messy from Yamanoue's awkward little game.

"Knowing Mars… he's probably up by now. Part of me wants to say good morning but I don't want to disturb him if he's busy…"

"What could he possibly be doing though, right now?" Questioned Kawashimo.

Yamanoue shrugged, "Probably watching some cartoons on TV or playing with toys. Nothing serious, I warned him to behave when he's staying here or else he won't be able to go to the park with Melchi for a week or two."

Kawashimo smirked, "If it were a few years ago Yamanoue-kun, you would have said he never goes to the park again and has to study all day. I'm glad you've eased up a bit on the boy."

He sighed and closed his eyes for a second, "Well I still have a long way to go. A lot of demons in my mind to battle." He said in a somber voice.

Kawashimo kissed Yamanoue and caressed his face. "I know darling. I know. But I'm with you through everything."

"You always have been. That's why I love you so deeply, because once you care about someone, you don't let them go. Even on my worst days you never gave up on me, even though it would've been easier to leave, you didn't."

Kawashimo kissed him again and stroked his head. "Of course I didn't. You're so brave and talented and smart, I couldn't just let you die."

"I think… I can't remember the last time I wasn't completely obsessed with you." Yamanoue whispered almost seductively. Pressing his lips against the base of Kawashimo's neck.

"Obsessed?"

"Yes darling. You're so lovely, so pure after all these years. Part of me would want to keep you like this at all costs. The other half wants to tear it away."

Kawashimo turned red and shrunk away.

"Gee…" he laughed nervously, "Tear it away?" He repeated.

Yamanoue exhaled, dark eyes narrowing, "A terrible beast resides within me. Born from my pain. The things I want to do sometimes are nothing short of major sin. Let's just say very inappropriate things. An animalistic desire for pleasure that I'd do anything to fulfill."

"Anything?"

"ANYTHING."

"Yes… but I don't want to talk about it now. Shall we start our day?" Yamanoue sounded like he was deflecting.

Kawashimo hesitantly agreed.
_______________________________________
Mars was downstairs watching some cheesy tokusatsu superhero show and loving it. Melchi sat next to him.

"Wow Melchi, look at that cool hero! He's so brave fighting those aliens!" He cried.

"Bakaruchi!" Melchi said happily in agreement.

They watched the man in a colorful rubber suit shout and punch and kick at strange lizard looking humanoids who hissed in rage. The two young boys cheering on the perfect image of a brave hero they wished terribly to be molded into someday.

"Good morning my children." Announced Yamanoue confidently as he entered through the doorway.

"Morning Dad!" Cried Mars as he beamed.

"Bakaruchi~" Said Melchi.

Yamanoue straightened his tie and his eyes shone with tenderness as he looked over at his children.

They're so precious… he thought as he parked his wheelchair next to the couch, and turned his attention to the show with curiosity. It looked familiar somehow, giving him a strange sense of nostalgia.

"Ah! Ultraman, I remember this one from when I was a boy."

"You do?"

"Yes. It was my favorite show!" Yamanoue decided to stay and watch it with Mars and Melchi. It was a comfort for him, in his otherwise unbearable and miserable childhood. A brief escape from the endless torment of his parents trying to change him. He could just calm down and have fun. Yamanoue sighed in relaxation as he leaned back.
___

Kawashimo went through his yard, feeling the soft grass under his feet. The warmth of the sun. Miri was outside at the coop feeding her carrier pigeon, Kuru.

"Hi Papa! Just looking after the bird." Miri said as she saw Kawashimo. Kuru cooed softly as he flapped his fluffy white wings.

Kawashimo chuckled, "What a precious little thing!" He pet the bird softly and took in his fluffy white plumage.

"Right Papa? I love him so much, he's the purest thing." Kuru gently ate some seed from Miri's palm and groomed his feathers.

"I'm glad he makes you so happy."

"Thank you Papa. And I'm glad that you and Yamanoue make each other happy!"

"Oh Miri, you're so very sweet." Kawashimo laughed as he leaned in and gave her a gentle hug. Miri blushed and giggled.

"Thank you… did you sleep well?" Miri said.

"Yes. It was a treat getting to sleep with such a lovely man. I felt so very protected..."