𝖮𝖼𝗍𝗈𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝟢𝟣.

— ANNIVERSARY

ANNIVERSARY.

LYDIA WATCHED AS CHRIS'S HEAD HUNG LOW at the dinner table, he sighed for the 100th time that evening. "You okay?" Lydia asks and he shrugs "fine just hungry" he replies dryly. Lydia furrows her eyebrows and nods with a frown. Chris notices and grabs his girlfriends hand "I love you" he tells her "Im sorry im being an ass , i swear im just hungry" he reassures her. Lydia smiles back and holds his hand "okay if you say so." Chris sits up straight "I do."

It had officially been the couples three year anniversary, and Lydia had planned out an entire evening but from the looks on her boyfriends face she knew they would be heading back to his apartment as soon as dinner was over. Maybe he just wasn't feeling well tonight. Shortly after the waitress came with their pastas, she handed Chris his pepsi and Lydia her strawberry lemonade. As soon as the waitress was out of sight Chris dug into his food. . . maybe he was just hungry.

"Holy shit this is fucking good...here try it" Chris mutters with a mouthful of food as he hands his fork over to Lydia, The dark haired girl smiles before taking a bite of his pasta "ooh that is good" she agrees with a nod "its all mine you cant have any more" Chris says in a silly tone, before snatching his fork back. Lydia giggles and Chris's heart swells up at the sound of her laughing.

He hates that he'd been in such an awful mood especially today out of all days, he knew how much their anniversary meant to Lydia and here he was acting like a man child over absolutely nothing. He didn't even know why he was acting the way he was, but he hated the way it was affecting the brunette in front of him. Chris watched as Lydia took a sip of her strawberry lemonade, her eyes lit up immediately "Chris try this right now" she gushed whilst handing him the drink.

AFTER DINNER LYDIA AND CHRIS ENDED UP watching a movie in Chris's room as he wasn't really in the mood to be out. Currently they watched Corpse Bride, one of Lydia's favorite movies. Chris suggested it out of guilt for ruining their plans but the movie surely made for it — or so he thought. About thirty minutes into the movie Chris noticed Lydia's eyes watering, he simply figured it was over the movie but deep down he knew it was because of him. "Hey im gonna use the bathroom" Lydia mumbles before pushing herself off his bed and walking out of his room.

Chris stared blankly at the door , he knew he had fucked up somehow. He should've just pretended to enjoy the rest of their anniversary maybe then she wouldn't be feeling this way. On her way to the bathroom Lydia runs into Matt, who almost instantly noticed the look of distress on her face. "Hey Dia are you okay?" He asks, genuinely concerned. "Do you know if Chris is okay? he's been so weird today..is he sick?" Lydia wonders, she bites her lower lip, a habit she had of doing when she was nervous.

Matt furrows his eyebrows and looks in the direction of Chris's room "I dont think so, he seemed fine this morning" He replies and as shes about to speak Chris comes rushing out of his bedroom with an excited look on his face "Hey babe im gonna go meet up with Nate and few of the guys" He tells her, Lydia is taken back at his sudden change of emotions "really right now? what about the movie...or our anniversary?" She raises a brow at him watching as he checked his phone "theres only really like twenty something minutes left of the movie and Matt can watch it with you" he looks over at his brother and smiles "Plus we have like only an hour left of our anniversary."

He said it in a way that hurt her feelings. Only an hour. Lydia shakes her head while running a hand through her soft chocolate locks "yeah okay i guess ill see you tomorrow then" she fakes a smile but Matt can see right through her. Chris grins before pecking her lips goodbye and bolting out of that apartment, almost as if he couldn't get away sooner. "Thats the first time he genuinely seemed happy tonight" She mutters, mostly to herself. "Hey wanna finish whatever movie you're watching" Matt suggests with a warm smile, Lydia looks over at him and nods "Bring some goldfish crackers" She says and Matt does as told.

NOTES 📝 🎀🌷🕊
this chapter made me so sad cause shes
trying so hard and chris is being a bum🙄

but anyways literally so tired from my two
days training and now im waiting for my manager to text me an official start date (hopefully soon).