Chapter 2

Warning: Spark Recycle Engaging

Emergency Stasis: Override

The pain came back, before nothingness took over. Light. Relief. Then stinging.

Energon Levels: 35%

Warning: Multiple Injuries to Frame

Warning: Energon Leakage Detected

Initiating Self Repair

Self Repair: Offline

Recommend: Medical Attention

Error: Core Memories Damaged

Error: Host Bond Severed

Spark Stability: Critical

Energon Levels: 10%

Query: Enter Emergency Stasis? Y/N

Y

- - - - - - - - - -

Warning: Spark Recycle Engaging

Emergency Stasis: Override

Error: Core Memories Damaged

Energon Levels: 15%

Warning: Infested Recycled Energon Detected.

Recommend: Medical Attention

Spark Request: Survival Mode

Warning: Survival Mode Can Only Be Overrode By Manual Outside Force

Query: Still Wish For Survival Mode Activation? Y/N

Y

Survival Mode: Initiated

- - - - - - - - - -

5 Spark Recycles Later...

Roller onlines with flickering optics. His frame feels heavy, something he hasn't felt since he first onlinned as a sparkling. His joints are stiff. His limbs don't respond to his commands right away. Errors and warnings cloud his vision. He's confused, he doesn't know where he is. It's dark. He feels cold and numb. He wants/needs...

Host. Why was that so hard to remember? Wait... WHO was Host? A mech. Tall with... orange- no, red. Red plating. Red and... purple? Ahhh, too confused. Core memories not complete.

A staticky whimper escaped Roller as his systems finally responded and he started to climb out of the dark. Metal scrap shifted around him as he clawed his way out, giving him a brief reprieve from his panic. He was moving! He would be okay. He just had to keep moving.

Trying not to think about the scary sharp metal succumbing him, Roller tried to remember.

Core memories were damaged. That's bad, right? Especially after... 7 recycles!? How long has he been out? Where was Host?

His bond was severed. However, his recycle recover programming still recognized his host spark signature... somehow. How was that possible again? And there was one safe unit. So Roller had two mechs that could help him find out exactly what happened. Two mechs that... might have abandoned him?

It was exciting and relieving when Roller felt the thin atmosphere finally grab at his hand as he reached the surface of the rubble. It only took a couple more breems before he was out.

Standing up, Roller could tell something big happened. His left leg was hanging on by a couple if wires, moving it would be difficult. His shoulder pauldron had the same fate. His paint was worn and faded, not a piece of him unscratched. Patches of rust were taking over his frame, making his spark spin faster. Some parts of his armor had worn away from the infection, making his protoform show. Which... was also rusting. This wasn't good.