karma

What if Suleiman found out about what happened to Isabella or an au in which Gulfem, hurrem and mahidevran are besties and hurrem gets caught setting traps for ppl :)

Warnings: angst (kinda) Suleiman being horrible, major character death

They were not always friends, they had done horrible things to each other and had faught a lot. They had avoided each other unless necessary and had smirked in victory when one would be in trouble.

But it changed on the night in which the castle was attacked. Each mother sepreated from her children.

Gulfem son and mahidevran's son had accompanied hurrem and the sultan to the hunting lodge. Mehmed had also joined them. Leaving mahidevran and Gulfem with Selim and mihrimah sultana.

When the castle was attacked, the valide had watched with tears in her eyes as gulfem rocked baby selim to sleep and how mahidevran held mihrimah in her arms.

In the hunting lodge, hurrem had left early with the children only to be prevented entry in the palace. She had to take solace in Hatice Sultana's place. Hatice had witnessed how hurrem had held each child and comforted them when they grew scared.

After that night a friendship grew and peace came into the harem. That was until a storm arrived that wrecked this unity and caused years of mourning.

Princess Isabella came and stole their sultan away. She had managed not only to make a alliance with the ottoman empire but engage herself to the sultan. From that day he only paid mind towards her, forgetting his other favourites.

Mahidevran had lost multiple nights with him, Gulfem hardly saw him unless he came for their child. Hurrem his most favourite saw him once before he left.

This went on for months until hurrem decided enough was enough. She formed a plan to ride everyone of this new woman. But she grew over confident Gulfem later said and mahidevran agreed.

She had managed to hide the princess in a unknown place, the princess maid had been poisoned. Ibrahim had found out about the Poison and reported it back to the sultan. Then they saw strands of red hair in the laundry room.

This raised immediate suspicion, all eyes turned to the red haired sultana. She obviously denied it all but a investigation was held and the truth revealed.

Apparently hurrem with the help of gul aga had kidnapped the princess and kept her hidden in one of the meny laundry rooms. When the princess tried to defend herself, hurrem had her tied up. They had struggled and hurrem's hair got caught in one of the many hooks.

The princess had remained in the laundry room for three full days and was released in the late afternoon. The sultan out of mercy sent the princess back to Spain, ending their engagement. Hurrem had thought she got away with this but little did she know that she had awoken a storm

Two days later, later in the afternoon. The sultan held a emergency council and ordered all his family save the children to attend.

Once in the council room, mahidevran and Gulfem were horrified in what they saw. On the floor in a dirty red dress was hurrem sultana. She was in tears, her hair a mess. Even the valide was horrified and demanded answers.

The sultan then said that he would be exiling hurrem to Konya. She would leave immediately. Another horrible news was that she could not take any children with her. Indirectly the sultan had stated that he was removing the red haired sultana from their lives.

Mahidevran argued back, Gulfem questioning him until he dismissed them. A few hours later they saw hurrem followed by multiple guard's who carried chests. The woman was in tears and could hardly stand up straight.

Mahidevran and Gulfem visited her children but the sultan had given them to Hatice to care for.

Two days later they learnt that hurrem had died after her carriage got attacked. Sultan Suleiman was broken, he locked himself in his chambers and refused to leave.

Mahidevran and Gulfem cried mourning their dear friend. Mehmed grew up knowing how his mother died and refused to acknowledge his father. He died two years before his brother Mustafa did. mihrimah was her spitting image apart from the red hair. She never let him forget what he did, after all in her mind he was responsible. Selim left to live with Hatice and refused to return, he later dwelled into alcohol until his concubine ( chosen by Hatice sultan) helped him out of his grief.

Mustafa died due to a illness a year after his father passed away. Selim wanted nothing to do with the throne, so Murad become sultan. Due to his kindness and respect for mahidevran sultana, she remained in the capital palace until her death four days after sultan Murads.

Gulfem died two years later, Selim had passed away two years into his half brothers raign and mihrimah outlived all her family members.
​​​

A/n: This was requested! I know it's unrealistic but I hope you liked it anyways. Please leave a request